Over Sensitive + Shy crab?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
HermitLover-101

Over Sensitive + Shy crab?

Post by HermitLover-101 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Whenever I'm watching Violet, she only comes out when it's quiet and dark (I know thier nocturnal) and there is no motion outside her cage. When I was watching her change shells the other night, (It was so amazinng~! The first one she picked didn't end up fitting,butshe found the right one when I slept. XD) every small movement I made outside the cage sent her inside her shell. I'm serious, she knows exactly whats going on outside,and Michelle takes no notice of the outside world. (She's always digging or undergroud, anyways.) When I hold her, it takes her much, much longer then Michelle takes to come out and she goes back in if she sees my thumb move or something. XD Is what she does normal? Thanks! :crabblush:
My hermit crabs, Michelle, Unnamed, Unnamed, and Peanut live in a 10 gal in my room.

Crabbing since August 15th, 2012.

R.I.P. Violet </3

CrabbyMom33

Re: Over Sensitive + Shy crab?

Post by CrabbyMom33 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Some crabs are more sensitive to our actions outside their tank. Others notice, but aren't bothered by it as much. It's perfectly normal.
Owner of 4 PPs

Topic author
HermitLover-101

Re: Over Sensitive + Shy crab?

Post by HermitLover-101 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:20 am

Okay, thank you.
My hermit crabs, Michelle, Unnamed, Unnamed, and Peanut live in a 10 gal in my room.

Crabbing since August 15th, 2012.

R.I.P. Violet </3