Fist bump?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Lyn Penn

Fist bump?

Post by Lyn Penn » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:02 pm

When I pick up my crabs to give them some couch time at night, I put me finger lightly, on their big and small pincher and they press with resistence against my finger. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Every one of my crabs do this. I wonder if they're playing with me or saying "don't do that, I don't like it!". Any thougts?
Proud Mom to Princess (lab) PP's , , Humphrey ,Heloise. andHershey my Crabbie Angels Hercules, Hanry VIII, Henry the 9th, Harry, Hymes Hermione, Harriet, Hanibal and Heidi,and Helen and special Horatio and Herman,and Harvey Huckleberry and Happy and Humberto Hulio Herkimer and precious Hubert

Yuka

Re: Fist bump?

Post by Yuka » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:04 pm

I know other people have had that happen with their crabs before, no idea if they don't like it or what. As for me, haven't done that with my crabs, though I did see one crab sucker punch another one in the face once. I like to think of that as a fist bump gone wrong. :P
6 Eccentric Es 8 Placid PPs 2 Stunning Straws 2 Intrepid Indos
3 cats: Maya, Hamish and Nala
4 crested geckos: Treeko, Widget, Chloe and Pickle 1 corn snake: Lola

GudaHermitCrab

Post by GudaHermitCrab » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:06 pm

I think if they really didn't like you doing that, they'd pinch you....especially since it's their big PINCHER! :crabbigsmile:

Maybe it's a new secret crabby handshake! :hlol:
Proud owner of 3 Purple Pinchers: Guda (2 molts), Kermit, Sebastian (1 molt)

~Crabby since September 2011~

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:33 pm

That's the reason I got Draco! :D when I held him in the pet store, he waved his claw at me an then started pushing my thumb :lol: I've seen crabs do it to eachother too, I believe it's just a pushing match of some sort, to establish territories and ranks or to settle squabbles :) they don't always pinch when they have problems with eachother I geuss :P
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.