If i was an Hermit Crab ........

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
kittyluvcrabby2113

If i was an Hermit Crab ........

Post by kittyluvcrabby2113 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Describe what type of hermit crab you would be & a day of life for you ? LOl example:

I am a medium size viola crab inside a African turbo shell :hlol: .. I am shy sometimes when meeting new people, I love bananas and all kinds of fruit. I don't walk far cuz it aint my swag so I'll just hang on this tree and relax. I let the other crabs do what they do and sit back and laugh while hanging in my favorite spot. yes this is how a day would be if I was an hermit crab... Oh yea I would deftly hit my local shell shop up too see the new hottest houses.
Yours Truly Kitty / Mother of 2 Beautiful Girls & Crab Mommy To 10 PURPLE PINCHERS ******* Minnie & Mickey, Tiny tot, BIG Homie, Woody, Fresh, Pacc, Ray, Creeper, & Grip ****
RIP_ Handy & Star mommy will always miss you :(
********* Yaaay I just Got Engaged 07/25/2013

Cecil716

Re: If i was an Hermit Crab ........

Post by Cecil716 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:59 pm

I am a large blueberry. I sit in my hut all day and prowl the tank during the wee hours of the night. I enjoy only a few shells, really anything that is nice and smooth. I like popcorn and honey more than any other food! I like to swim but only if my friends are out and about. I don't like being around any other crabs besides my BCFF (best crabby friend forever!). Besides that, I am quite sassy and hate everyone else unless they like the same plants as me.

:hlol: Okay, thats as much as I can type with laughing to hard. :lol:
Current hermits: About 17 PPs and 3 straws (for now)
A 180-ish gallon tank with two 36 gallon extenstions!
What can I say? I love crabs!

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 am

I am a small aussie, that kinda has a toffee type colouration.I wear a pheasant shell :)
Enjoy driving every one else bonkers (however, super social!), love to climb everywhere for an excape route! I really love my fruits, however I don't really mind! I really love swimming in pools, and enjoy taking shell shopping for that perfect shell! I prefer hanging out during the afternoon, however I turn into a big party crab at night! :P
Yep, I am that crab that destroys that tank :)
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

gofroggy08

Post by gofroggy08 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:37 pm

I am a medium purple pincher in my rocking polished turbo. I'm lazy during the brightest hours of the day. In order to avoid the bright light I chill into hollowed cork log. Otherwise I am out and about playing in my eco earth and climbing my mesh top. Sometimes I check the shell shop for new homes, but I do enjoy nudging in the miss put more! I love watch my human do her strange human things. I find her strange, but she always brings me the yummiest and stinkiest foods so I deal with it. :grin:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Dog, Cat, Lepoard Geko, Mountain Dragon, 2 Rabbits, and 9 crabs. 6 PP: Lil' Bit, Olo, BatCrab, Fiesty, Widget, Lila 3 E's: Ghost, Darth (Maul), (Darth) Vader

HermitMickey00

Post by HermitMickey00 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:38 pm

I am a very orange tiny E. I wear a natural turbo I came in from the petstore that I've modified, so even though those fancy D shaped opening shells look much more comfortable, I've spent so much time on my current shell. I'm active all day, and like to sneak up on my brother E and catch a ride on his shell! When I'm not doing that, I love to climb up to the shell shop or chill out in the moss pit. I love to also go around and chat with all the older ones. I especially enjoy talking to Noel, the "mama of the pack" as we call her. When it's time to hit the hay , I like to sleep in the moss pit or in the cork bark!
Proud owner of:
Two GORGEOUS PP's- Speedy and Spotty
Two OUTSTANDING E's- Panda and Mickey Mouse

CrazyCrab12

Post by CrazyCrab12 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:20 pm

I am a Small Purple pincher wearing a pear Turbo. I dig tunnels all day and only come up at nigh to party in the shell shop with a few friends.
Buy a custom portrait of your crab!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChatfieldPetPortrait

KrabovyKral

Post by KrabovyKral » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:25 am

I am a baby strawberry living in a 894 gallon tank with ten inches of playsand. During the day I crawl around my huge network of tunnels underground and in the night I explore my heavily forested territory. My best friend is a medim E and I follow her everywhere. There is a bully Indo who always pinches us, but now he is molting, :banana: :banana: ! My favorite activity is catching minnows in my giant pool with my E. I love my crabby life!

HandyHermits

Post by HandyHermits » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:22 am

I would be a jumbo jumbo indo in a backyard-sised tank with 5 feet of substrate. i would enjoy catching fish in the freshwater and saltwater ponts with my freind jasmine, a viola with an attitude
4 pps Speedy(F),Houdini(M),,Switcher(M), and Harry Potter(M) (R.I.P Sheldon and S.J)

"Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"

happycrabbymama

Post by happycrabbymama » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:44 am

I am a large PP. I am 10 years old. I enjoy hanging out way up high in the trees away from the hustle and bustle on the beaches below. I nap during the day with 500 of my closest friends. I enjoy sleeping right in the middle of the "crab pile" as I am less likely to be picked off by the birds or monkeys. The only bad part about being safe inside the crab pile is that, it is quite a pain to get out, if I get thirsty. Like clockwork at dusk we make our way to the beaches below. Some times I will give a ride to a little crab that is having a hard time moving along with the group. I like to be on the beach, but I don't like all the large creatures that hang out there all day and part of the evenings. Once on the beach we begin eating at the world's largest crab buffet. There are all kinds of tasty things to eat down here. I have a shell that doesn't fit well, it is somewhat small and very heavy, but it's what I have, because when you get hand me downs and there are 500 others needing those hand me downs too... well sometimes you get the short end of the stick. I like to eat the leaves and fruits of our island. I also enjoy the sunrises and sunsets with my fiends as well as long walks on the beach.
Mill-Creek Hermit Crab Sanctuary of Northwest Ohio
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MillCreekHermit ... thwestOhio

mom23

Post by mom23 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:30 pm

I'm living with happcrabbymama! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

happycrabbymama

Post by happycrabbymama » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Hey MOM... one of 500 closest friends! YAY! :D
Mill-Creek Hermit Crab Sanctuary of Northwest Ohio
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MillCreekHermit ... thwestOhio

Brittanybaby22

Post by Brittanybaby22 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:43 am

I am a medium purple pincher i love my green shell i am quit shy when i comes to people i love to hid in my Hermie hut i make alot of racket at night i love fruit and worm castings i love to make a mess with my food

mom23

Post by mom23 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:19 am

happycrabbymama wrote:Hey MOM... one of 500 closest friends! YAY! :D
Lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

Skymall007

Post by Skymall007 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

I am a small E that lives in a shell that is slightly too small because I don't like changing shells. I love eating mango and seaweed and enjoy fresh sea food. I like to climb up high into coconut trees with my friends. I try not to get too close to other crabs emotionally because sometimes my friends smell tasty.
2Es- Sputnikt+Strangeship 1PP- Bluebug
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown

imallsmiles1431

Post by imallsmiles1431 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:59 am

I'm a medium PP with a green turbo who lives in a 200 gallon crabitat. I'm very bold once I become comfortable with my surroundings. I never run, it hurts my legs. Sometimes I walk, but I've always loved to climb. I love light, but don't spend much time awake during the day because none of my friends are awake. I have a best friend, but I have tons of other friends! My best friend lives in a different part of the tank than I do, so we don't spend much time together. I am very energetic and I love my mum, a strange looking giant who feeds me foods I'll actually eat. (I'm super picky) we don't get along all the time, but I know she loves me and I love her too. I love it when my mum lets me watch tv! I love Doctor Who and Supernatural!

Nerys: 4 PP's: Titanium, Bourne, Idris, and Khan
Mary Nerys
12 HC's: 2 E's, 10 PP's. 15 Betta fish: 12 females, 3 males.
1 Leopard Gecko. 1 Goldendoodle dog.