Through the Eyes of a Hermit Crab

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Luckythecrab

Re: Through the Eyes of a Hermit Crab

Post by Luckythecrab » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:32 pm

I looked around and rushed around chirping to other hermit crabs. "Can you help me?" Some, the ones that speak different language and cultures, just looked at me confused. Suddenly, I was taken by a very young monster. He grabbed another one and left. I hope they were taking us to the beach.

crabzlove

Post by crabzlove » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:58 pm

But I was wrong..... He threw me and that other guy into a small kritter keeper with no humidity or sand.
I have been crabbing for 4 years. I currently own 3 PPs ; Batman, Robin, Krystal

MarleyandHerman

Post by MarleyandHerman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:41 pm

I scurried along the sides of the tank. We were traveling toward a huge metal object. The cage was being slung around, and gravel was being thrown up on me with every step the monster took. I knew this would have to be my fate, right? I was going into the unknown, where hermit crabs are not supposed to go.
The other hermit crab was hiding in a big, plastic box, crying. I crawled toward him. "Do you speak my language?" I asked him. "Yes" He sobbed. I couldn't believe it, an actual crab not from my beach that spoke my language! "What's your name?" I asked him. "Salt."
"Mine is Shell"
Then, before I could say any more, the cage stopped shaking. We were being lifted up, into a metal door. I heard noise outside, from one of the monsters. I think I could make out a "When we get home," and then "the big tank" and then "other crabs". Salt must have heard too because his antennas went straight in the air. The cage was set down with a thud, and then the metal door closed. It was dark.
In what seemed like forever, the door opened, and the big pink hand picked the cage up. We started walking into a huge box. It had glass squares in one side and a lighter brown object with a knob that looked like a door. "I think we are never going back to the beach." said Salt, sighing. I replied, "I think that, too."
When we got in the huge box, the monster sat down. "Your name is Conch." The monster said, passing me to another monster, with a flat, pink hand. "My name isn't Conch!" I thought. I tried to pinch, but I couldn't get anything to pinch. "It's okay, it's okay." The monster soothed me. It dipped me into a weird smelling box of water, and then put me on a piece of cloth. Salt came after me.
Then the pink hand picked us up after a little while and put us in a clear cage. It was big. I stepped on the brown mushy dirt, and it felt weird, but it smelled good. I tasted it.
Then Salt came in after me. "Where are we?" He said. "I don't know". There were crabs everywhere. There was moss in a corner, a net above my head, and some wood with holes in it. There were coconut shelters and a pool that looked like a beach! It was humid, too, and I liked it!
Me and Salt walked around together, exploring everything and everyone.
Mom of 4 hermit crabs, Mrs. Herman & Onyx (girl), Marley & Douglas (boy).
Also I own 1 dog, Snuggles (girl)
And 2 cats, Furby (girl), and Shadow (boy)

Luckythecrab

Post by Luckythecrab » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:33 pm

All that was there was gravel. I hurried to the side of the cage and started chirping, but the monster just laughed.

MarleyandHerman

Post by MarleyandHerman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:32 pm

There was a deep substrate made of coconut fiber, and all of the other hermit crabs spoke our language. They were all nice, except one...

Luckythecrab

Post by Luckythecrab » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:43 am

I climbed to the side of the cage, chirping loudly. There was no space for me to move.

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 am

This new space was large, the ground a great smelling and soft substance. I looked around at all my new crabby friends. They looked very happy and healthy. A crab that had been here a long time slowly approached and said hello with his antennas. Her name was Shelly and I think I may be in love. Shelly offered to show me around. There's a cool hang out spot called the moss pit, then several crabs belonging in the "social group" lounged by the bubbler pool. Others were checking out a huge shell shop. "Shelly, please go with me to the shell shop. I must get out of this sticky, uncomfortable painted shell". Shelly replied saying " Of course, I too came in a painted shell but we are the lucky ones. Our human owners love us. Just wait until you see tonight's amazing feast". The two scampered to the shell shop. Feeling hope return. Could this be this amazing?
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

Luckythecrab

Post by Luckythecrab » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:40 am

Suddenly, the young monster held up the small cage and started talking to a bigger monster. I could only make out a few words....
"....birthday...."
"....present for you...."
The bigger monster took me out of the smaller cage and put me into a paradise! There were branches to climb on, substrate to dig and molt in, it was heaven! "Your name is ocean" the big monster told me. I didn't care if my name was dirty gutter water, as long as I get to live here! I walked around, looking for other crabs to talk to.

Luckythecrab

Post by Luckythecrab » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:43 am

The big monster placed a shell next to me. It was a beautiful white turbo! I gladly climbed out of my smelly painted shell and into the turbo. now, time to find some other crabs.... I thought, scurrying around as the monster took the painted shell out of the paradise.

MarleyandHerman

Post by MarleyandHerman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:45 am

Quick note: I love where this story is going! :banana:
You may now return to the story.

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:00 pm

**Out of story for a moment... I'm confused. It seems there are either 2 stories going on at once or there's more than one hermit telling the story? **
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo

Luckythecrab

Post by Luckythecrab » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Each person is a different hermit crab.

Luckythecrab

Post by Luckythecrab » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:02 pm

So the hermit crabs can be in different places at different times

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Oh I thought it was one crab, one story and everyone added on to keep it going. If each person has their own story there is no way to be able to follow.

MarleyandHerman

Post by MarleyandHerman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:27 pm

I know.... hmmm.....