New bubbler pool-start

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
courtbri

New bubbler pool-start

Post by courtbri » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:45 pm

I found this little paint tray and thought how perfect for a bubbler pool! Ramp already built in. Just putting in the rocks!

New mom to 2 PP's- Paul (1 molt) & Juan (1 molt) and 3E's- Harry, Sarge(currently molting) and Gary Also 1 Yorkie-Joey and 1 cat-Milo and 2 teenage daughters.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

Alan'sHermitCrabs

Re: New bubbler pool-start

Post by Alan'sHermitCrabs » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:28 am

I am in the process of building another new tank and had the same idea. The silicone you are using is dishwasher and microwave safe. However, the tray is flimsy and disposable. I am wondering if you can silicone the rocks together without gluing it to the tray. Perhaps lining the tray with plastic wrap or tin foil and then gluing them in. Then the rocks could be removed and washed and you could replace the tray.
Oh So Crabby,
Alan Smith

Cheshire & West Hartford, CT
https://sites.google.com/site/alanshermitcrabs/
6 PP's @ Work: Hemi, Demi, Semi, Quaver, Minim, Semi-Breve
5 PP's @ Home: Hermie, Princess America, Matthew, Brooke, Tooth Fairy
55 Gallon Tat, 49 Gallon Tat, 10 Gallon Iso, 5 Gallon Iso

hermieluv1

Post by hermieluv1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:02 am

I saw that idea on another site. Then I saw someone on here who silicone the rocks right to the netting that the rocks came in, and then laid a stone ramp down into a sturdier dish. That's what I just did yesterday. I also found a couple of very nice size square bowls at Dollar Tree. I will be posting pics later today.

Topic author
courtbri

Post by courtbri » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:42 pm

I just glued the rocks to the container which although looked flimsy the whole thing came together very nicely.

New mom to 2 PP's- Paul (1 molt) & Juan (1 molt) and 3E's- Harry, Sarge(currently molting) and Gary Also 1 Yorkie-Joey and 1 cat-Milo and 2 teenage daughters.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.