Which fogger/mister to get?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
EdisNiksic

Which fogger/mister to get?

Post by EdisNiksic » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:14 pm

i need to get something to keep the humidity up in the 500 gal I'm working on since it is so tall. I've read mixed reviews on the eco terra monsoon and the zoo med repti fogger. What brand have you guys had luck with? Is the zoo med HydroTherm worth getting for the repti fogger? Do i need to dechlorinate distilled water?
Pyre Shep Nina,GSD Balotelli,30 Purple Pinchers,1 Red Foot Tortoise,1 Russian Tortoise,7 Rabbits,4 Ruggies,3 Indos,3 Strawberries,16 Aussies,1 Reeves Turtle,one 20 gal Mollie Tank,two 5 gal nano freshwater planted tanks with Bettas,one 29 Gal Freshwater Tank,2 Guppy/Mystery Snail breeder tanks

jarteta97

Re: Which fogger/mister to get?

Post by jarteta97 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:04 pm

If you're willing to spend a few extra bucks, Mistking.com is the place to go. If that's out of the price range, I personally believe the monsoon system to be the best deal. Foggers are great, and do help with humidity, as well as creating a cool effect, but honestly, a misting system will keep up humidity best.
When you've been crabbing for so long, you don't even know how many crabs you have now...

Topic author
EdisNiksic

Post by EdisNiksic » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:23 pm

with the false bottom do you think I will have zero issues with the misting system. From what i see on the site, i rather spend a little extra than have to deal with cheap garbage. Thanks for the website name!
Pyre Shep Nina,GSD Balotelli,30 Purple Pinchers,1 Red Foot Tortoise,1 Russian Tortoise,7 Rabbits,4 Ruggies,3 Indos,3 Strawberries,16 Aussies,1 Reeves Turtle,one 20 gal Mollie Tank,two 5 gal nano freshwater planted tanks with Bettas,one 29 Gal Freshwater Tank,2 Guppy/Mystery Snail breeder tanks

megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Another option is to get an ultrasonic misting humidifier that you would use in the house. I use this one: http://www.amazon.com/Crane-Ultrasonic- ... humidifier and love it. I run PVC tubing from the top cone section to my tank, and running at just over half-power my 55 gallon stays very easily at 80% humidity. Obviously 500 gallons is a lot more room to humidify, so I'm not sure that by itself would do it, but you never know. As far as dechlorinating distilled water, I do it myself just to be safe.
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

teardrop

Post by teardrop » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:02 am

I love my reptimed fogger keeps my humidity as high as 95% but I also use the digital controler for my fogger and uth's

sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk

Breeezy

Post by Breeezy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:49 am

megmaholm wrote:Another option is to get an ultrasonic misting humidifier that you would use in the house. I use this one: http://www.amazon.com/Crane-Ultrasonic- ... humidifier and love it. I run PVC tubing from the top cone section to my tank, and running at just over half-power my 55 gallon stays very easily at 80% humidity. Obviously 500 gallons is a lot more room to humidify, so I'm not sure that by itself would do it, but you never know. As far as dechlorinating distilled water, I do it myself just to be safe.
I second the Crane humidifier! I use it in my crabitat and love it! :)
4 Purple Pinchers (Hodor, Spree, Rosie, Leonardo, and Lucy), 1 Strawberry (Denver), 4 Ecuadorians (Dexter, Leeloo, Ghost, and Dr. Zoidberg)
1 Pembroke Welsh Corgi (Thorin)

Ryry

Post by Ryry » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:10 am

I have the repti fogger and I like it- I need to get a controller for it. It's pretty fun to watch that fog roll in.
All kinds of crabby!
2 Violas, 1 Indo, 7 PPs, 2 cats, 1 Sheltie, 1 mechanic boyfriend

Hermycrabitat21

Post by Hermycrabitat21 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 pm

I have the reptifogger with mine to, I have it hooked up to the hrogrotherm so when the humidity drops bellow 80% it automatically turns itself on. but the reservoir is small so I have to refill it often. so for a 500 gallon it may not work well for you
Started Crabin December 2010, Currently as of 11/2018 I have 12 PP's & 1 E.
Crabs leave pincher prints on our hearts<3

ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:14 pm

I am all about that Repti Fogger. I had it for like 4 years and when the fan broke i emailed zoo med and told them and they just sent me a new piece, instructions on how to install it and a spare piece just in case. Customer for life.

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Mine broke in 2 days.
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

teardrop

Post by teardrop » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:08 am

I love my zoo med works great keeps my humidity at 95 all day and night and no mold problems but I have strong uvb lights in the day and getting uva moonlights for night