General crabitat help needed

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Cutepetgroomer

Re: General crabitat help needed

Post by Cutepetgroomer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:53 pm

I guess with time I will develop a good method of keeping up with substrate Maintence. I don't know if it's possible to prepare the Eco earth ahead of time and let it dry out before it is placed in the crabitat along with the sand.

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:25 pm

You can totally do that! I had a bunch of loaf bags that i filled with prepared sub and put it in my extra freezer. I'm just paranoid about bugs laying eggs in my sub for a future surprise

Crabbers unite!!!

Topic author
Cutepetgroomer

Post by Cutepetgroomer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:09 am

Awesome :) now to find Another storage bin or two (shouldn't be too hard) I'm glad there's a few stores nearby and that they sell storage bins :)

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:17 am

Storage bins are a crabbing necessity

Crabbers unite!!!

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:04 pm

I had to do my first deep clean In 1.5 years a couple months ago because I discovered flooding but when I started bringing up the old substrate the smell knocked me over. I had been missing a crab but had no death smell until I started rolling the EE and it was rank!!! Have no idea where the flooding came from.
Good luck!

New mom to 2 PP's- Paul (1 molt) & Juan (1 molt) and 3E's- Harry, Sarge(currently molting) and Gary Also 1 Yorkie-Joey and 1 cat-Milo and 2 teenage daughters.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.