missing hermit crab for tank upgrade

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Tinymaze

missing hermit crab for tank upgrade

Post by Tinymaze » Sat May 30, 2015 7:54 am

hi all,

i upgraded my tank in the beginning of February and all's gone smoothly but I'm still missing one of my hermit crabs.
last time i saw him was back at the end of November, I've been putting food and checking but nothing has moved since i got the last guy out in April. I'm not sure whether to wait a bit longer?
just that having two tanks set up is not ideal in the space i have, but if you all think it's too soon and he might be having a long moult I'll wait a bit longer to see if he comes up, what do you all think?
x4 PPs, Rone,Boden,Atze and Zebbie
x2 Horses, Tiny and Luna
x2 M'spur thighed Tortoises, Little-Foot and Petrie
x3 rabbits, Bran, Grace and Pepper
X1 cats, Hailie
x2 dogs, Maddie and Jack

KellyCrabbieLove

Re: missing hermit crab for tank upgrade

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Sat May 30, 2015 8:27 am

What size is he?
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sat May 30, 2015 8:50 am

He dug down end of November? I think I'd probably go ahead and carefully look for him as I took the tank down. There's a chance he is ok but 6 months is long, even for a very large crab.

*This is just what I would do, especially with it sounding like there isn't other crabs down in that tank.*

Topic author
Tinymaze

Post by Tinymaze » Sat May 30, 2015 11:11 am

hi thanks for the replies, he's a small/medium size and the only one left in that tank now. think i might do what callalilly suggests, i'm a bit sad, i was hoping he'd come up by now but i know that tank hasn't moved in 2 months since i moved my big guy out he was the third hermit to move out when he came up from a molt. the other two moved to the new tank within a few weeks of setting it up. so i've been watching for movement for months but nada :(
x4 PPs, Rone,Boden,Atze and Zebbie
x2 Horses, Tiny and Luna
x2 M'spur thighed Tortoises, Little-Foot and Petrie
x3 rabbits, Bran, Grace and Pepper
X1 cats, Hailie
x2 dogs, Maddie and Jack