Any Suggestions?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
NilyahEyakam

Any Suggestions?

Post by NilyahEyakam » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:43 pm

I just made a second level for the crabs out of an extra sheet of acrylic, wooden dowels, and a climbing wall but it feels like something is missing and I can't tell what it is. it takes up a lot more space than I wanted but I don't know if I could cut it smaller (and it's so tall but I've already cut all the sticks shorter and don't feel like going through that again Image)
I was so excited about it finally being done but now I don't even know if I like it. it looks empty and just blocks everything (including the light from the top)
here is the tank before
(it's a 29 gallon)
and this is now
I have some vines and a little piece of cholla but I don't even really know where to put them. I'm stuck Image
any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!

Mr. Crabby Pants

Re: Any Suggestions?

Post by Mr. Crabby Pants » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:58 pm

Throw some moss up there?
I don't know if you have issues with mold, but the crabs really seem to dig damp moss.
Maybe some vines along the edge or around the front poles for a bit of cover?

Looks pretty good to me though!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:29 am

I'd suggest a hammock under the platform for the shells. It'll make use of the space and they'll spend a lot of time there! Either that or some vines hanging down or some plants going up. Hermits like to be up high and under cover, so that area has a lot of potential. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:09 am

As @MrCrabbyPants suggested, I'd opt for a mosspit to share the space with the hut and shell shop. Nothing elaborate, just low plastic container/basket filled with moist moss and you'll be amazed at how much traffic that level will get!
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
NilyahEyakam

Post by NilyahEyakam » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:27 pm

I do have a small moss pit, only one of my crabs use it. it's in the corner next to the green hut. but the vines around and hanging under are a good idea, the shell one too. I'll definitely do that, thank you!

vretallin

Post by vretallin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:00 pm

In a addition to the above suggestions, consider vines & plants dangling down & around the platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 Cats: Haku & Kamaji, 4 PPs: Roberta, Calcifer, Sophie, & a rescue baby (to be named)