WATER?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:00 am

Yes SuperFanjaya distilled water is fine for your hermits. :)

glacier44

Post by glacier44 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:38 pm

Steam distilled or natural spring water is fine. I would avoid de-ionized water as there are no minerals left behind at all, and some of those trace elements are needed (at least in my opinion - though that's not worth much LOL)

MamaZelly mentioned terracotta pots/saucers. Those are some of my favorites because they look so nice and they're very cheap! :D Cheap = good right now lol!

Congrats on your little guys and welcome to the HCA!
An Alaskan Crabber!
Furry Paws- Best dog sim game ever!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/18

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:52 pm

your tat looks great!! if you want it to look more fancy maybe put in some fake plants or something. That really spiffed up my tat when i first started.

i am 12, Almost 13 =]

MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:11 pm

SuperFanjaya wrote:this is their cage....its boring looking=[
Actually, that's pretty good. Very good, in fact, when compared to what I had when I was at your age...back two decades ago.... :oops: .

It's a great start, and it seems you have the basics down (deep enough substrate, big tank, humidity, etc.) Keeping it simple also allows you to clean it more easily. You can gradually add other decor eventually, and if you do so beyond a year, perhaps adding a filtered pool...maybe...with your parents' permission, of course.

Here's my current setup, not too different from yours, but has done incredibly well, in terms of having a growing (yay!8)) pinching (ouch!:( ) hermit crab for about a year now! Image

Top view -

Image 8)

limeslide

Post by limeslide » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:53 pm

Tetracolor wrote:No... we have on member who is either 10 or 11, but they keep changing there username so I don't know who they are anymore. :lol: And I'm 13 so really your not that young, I was a member here when I was 12. :wink:
hey tetra i'm 10 too :hlol:
If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to
the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago.
If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into Chaos
"
-E.O. Wilson