I go hard for my hermit crab's.......

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Skymall007

Re: I go hard for my hermit crab's.......

Post by Skymall007 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:35 pm

It is stunning !
2Es- Sputnikt+Strangeship 1PP- Bluebug
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Thank you. It still needs a lot of work. They won't stop destroying the plants and pulling the netting off the wall. Lol! I love them so much. If I didn't I would have ignored the damage to the finish on the stand and everything. I spent so much time on the stand that I can't make myself do the actual refinishing on the canopy. First things first, figure out the electronics before making it pretty. The acropolis is in it because my name theme is Greek gods, goddesses and heros. They love it.
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Skymall007

Post by Skymall007 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:31 am

I would live in there. Like a mount Olympus!
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:33 am

:) yep! That's what I was going for. They love to climb it.

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:07 am

I just decided to just buy a new lighting system for my tank...about to spend another $500 When the money hits my bank account. I really love my hermits.

Skymall007

Post by Skymall007 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Someday I want to do the same for mine :)

ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:46 pm

i have brought them to college twice, this entailed sneaking them in my dorm room and having a set up so that when my RA came in i could quickly slide them under the bed without her noticing, also includes driving them from california to utah and back a few times

Knibitz
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Knibitz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:44 pm

ErikRasmussen wrote:i have brought them to college twice, this entailed sneaking them in my dorm room and having a set up so that when my RA came in i could quickly slide them under the bed without her noticing, also includes driving them from california to utah and back a few times
as a past RA, I would have had your head :lol:
though we had girls with ducks, another girls "rescuing" the extremely feral cats outside. Still have the battle scars from that catch and release.

Craziest thing I did for my crabs? Not much! surprisingly, I'm pretty laid back. My only sweet 16 birthday present was a new tank and stand for them. As you can probably tell, I was an extremely normal teenage girl :hlol:
My recent move, the crabs were a bit of a deal. I was very particular about "crabs are over here in this bin, don't touch it, open it, move it." and then I had my dad transport the crabs in his vehicle since mine doesn't have heat. He's a good dad :D
7 PPs: Vinny, Thomas, Tink, Theo, Thumbelina, Fudge, and Midge
1 E: Noel