Suction cups figured out

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
KellyCrabbieLove

Suction cups figured out

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:39 pm

So after figjting, screaming and swearing at the suction cups I finally got them to stick.

First I rinsed them and dried them. Then I heated them in the microwave for I think 5 seconds (to make them more pliable) then I wiped the glass down with dry paper towel. Completely dry. Then I wiped the area and the cups with rubbing alcohol to get ride of any traces of stuff that would hinder the suction. Then I stuck them on. Now, I do have a corkround under it but before I tried this my moss pit would constant fall down anyway. It has not budged a single millimeter. Even when my big guys get up there it doesn't even wiggle.
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

klowns

Re: Suction cups figured out

Post by klowns » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:48 pm

NICE! i usually have to re-adjust/re-attach my suctions cups about once a week or so. the crabs either get crabnails behind the suction and slowly rip it off. since they all have needlefingers!@!@!! and sometimes the ones above the pools will start to slip some with all the humidity, in fact one slid about 2 inches last night i need to adjust.

I absolutely love the dollar store suction cups i got, the first ones i got, were super small and cheap and flimsy couldn't hold anything. these new ones that i got from a different dollar store ( i bought all of them, like 15 pairs) and they are comparable to like the ones you'd find at home depot for like 5 bucks a pair, and work great for holding up the egg crate.
Reppin' AZ!