Condensation crazy!!

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Kermie16

Condensation crazy!!

Post by Kermie16 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:29 pm

All of the condensation in my tank is driving me nuts. I wipe the tank down twice a day with a microfiber cloth. It's not like it's dripping water everywhere but just makes all of the glass foggy. I have a 5in fan going at like a 45 degree angle blowing across where the bubblers are and diagonally across the 20g tank. It runs the same time the bubblers are on and a little bit afterwards. Is this normal? Sometimes I crack open the glass hinged top to help clear up some of the condensation but then the humidity will drop . How often do you have to wipe down your tank to see inside clearly? Is there anything I can use that is safe for the crabs that will help clear some of the condensation ???

Topic author
Kermie16

Re: Condensation crazy!!

Post by Kermie16 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Ok, so I moved a few things around in the tank today because the condensation was getting out of hand. I made it so the fan is blowing directly across (length wise) the tank and it actually cleared up about half of the condensation problem!! Yay!! :banana: I may put another fan on the opposite side of the tank and see how that works! :)

jennifer711983

Re: Condensation crazy!!

Post by jennifer711983 » Sun May 29, 2016 10:27 pm

I don't ever actually worry about it. I might wipe down glass with a paper towel when I change their food every few days bc it gets sandy then I really hear them scraping along when they walk but other than that I just let it do its thing. It cycles for me. If the tank is around the same temp as the room then my glass is clear but if it's hotter than the room is when I get crazy condensation.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk