Is my crab forever emotionally scarred?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author

Is my crab forever emotionally scarred?

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:55 am

We bought our crab from a souvineer shop last month. She was very active and even changed shells that first night. She seemed quite friendly and not shy one bit.

And then my daughter took her to her 3rd grade class. Lots of kids handled her that day, and ever since she has been burying down and hiding and not at all social.

Is she depressed? Stressed? Possibly molting??? It's been 3 weeks of this behavior.

Thanks guys.

Topic author
hermiefanatic

Post by hermiefanatic » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:00 pm

she may have been stressed from all the handling espicially if she was handled improperly or dropped. and yes, she may be getting ready to molt. has she been drinking or eating a lot? those r signs of molting as well as cloudy eyes. if she is missing a limb a gel limb should be complete or almost comlete if she is going to molt soon.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:14 pm

She is prob. destressing from the trip to school.
I'm sure she'll be fine and back up soon. She may even molt and come back looking gorgeous!

EGcrabber

Post by EGcrabber » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Crabs don't really have advanced emotions that allow them to be emotionaly scarred. They'll eventually get over the stress.
One medium PP: Gizmo

May you rest in peace, Stark, Blue lightning, Rivulet, Floyd, Shocker, Scyfer, Brad, Weasel, and Farik
10 successful molts
2 bad