I need this salt water mixed by tonight! Help!

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author

I need this salt water mixed by tonight! Help!

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:35 pm

I'm bad with math. Okay, I have Oceanic Marine Salt mix. It said for the whole 1.45lb bag (658g) to be mixed with 5 gallons of water. This was the smallest size I could find.

Anyways, its just supposed to fit inside my walk in pool thing. I want to make it fit into a 12 oz bottled water container.

So how do I condense the 5 gallon with the whole bag, to 12 oz with alittle of the salt?

Thanks!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Well, it's 1/2 Cup per gallon
1/4 cup per half gallon

Can you make a gallon or a half gallon?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:54 pm

LolaGranola wrote:Well, it's 1/2 Cup per gallon
1/4 cup per half gallon

Can you make a gallon or a half gallon?
I probably could, then just put them in bottles or something. So, if i do the half gallon, i need to mix in 1/4 cup? Alright, that sounds good. Thanks alot

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:55 pm

And don't forget the dechlorinator ;)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 pm

LolaGranola wrote:And don't forget the dechlorinator ;)
Oh yeah, thats right! So i DO need to mix dechlorinator with that salt stuff! I always wondered that, and did it anyways, cause i figured, what damage could clean water do?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Clean water isn't harmful but chlorine and chloramine can burn their gills.

Topic author
Willow

Post by Willow » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:24 pm

You would use 3/4 tablespoon of salt for 12 ounces of water. You can use a bit more if you want; it doesn't hurt them if it's stronger.

glacier44

Post by glacier44 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:15 am

I use Oceanic also. I have found it easiest to use a 1 gallon jug of distilled water ($1.17) and toss in the 1/2 cup of Oceanic. Mix well and then just keep it in the cupboard and use as needed. If you want to just buy the water once and reuse the jug, you can add the appropriate amount of dechlorinator to your tap water :)
An Alaskan Crabber!
Furry Paws- Best dog sim game ever!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/18