Climbing Rope?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
discardedmenace

Climbing Rope?

Post by discardedmenace » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:00 pm

So I got a plastic shower caddy thing to hang up in my crabitat. But I need something to help my crabs get up! I've been looking at cholla wood, but I feel like if I leaned it against the shower caddy, it'd fall. Could I get some sort of fishnet rope for them to climb?
♡ Simon and Caelius ♡

soilentgringa

Re: Climbing Rope?

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:39 pm

discardedmenace wrote:So I got a plastic shower caddy thing to hang up in my crabitat. But I need something to help my crabs get up! I've been looking at cholla wood, but I feel like if I leaned it against the shower caddy, it'd fall. Could I get some sort of fishnet rope for them to climb?
Cholla, fish nets, branches from safe trees are all good choices. Plastic zipties can be used to secure them.

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:57 pm

Fish net is one of a crabber"s best friends! It's so versatile and can be hung along the walls of the tank (great for climbing/napping), draped over branches to form hides, twisted into ropes, made into hammocks to serve as hanging shell shops, etc.

Another easy climbing fix is plastic/silk vines. Ones with suction cups are available in the Reptile section at Petco/PetSmart and others can be found in dollar stores and thrift shops.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:29 am

All of the above great ideas! We also bought a ball of all natural jute and crocheted our own little ladders :D

Sumpai41

Post by Sumpai41 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:02 am

Imma piggy back off of this and ask if clothes line okay to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr. Krabs , Sheldon, Garnet, Howl, Happy.

RIP: Rufio

Hdale85

Post by Hdale85 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:47 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Decorative-Fish- ... s=fish+net

IS this the type of fishnet you guys use?

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:31 pm

I'm not too sure about using clothes line. The decorative fish net looks about right. I just got mine for like $2-$3 at our local Hobby Lobby.

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:45 am

Hdale85 wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Decorative-Fish- ... s=fish+net

IS this the type of fishnet you guys use?
Yes, but I bought mine at Michael's and have also seen it at Jo-Ann and Hobby Lobby. The bag I got had just one piece about 3'x5' (the reviews for this one from Amazon almost all complained that there were two or three small pieces in the bags they received). It is genuine used fish net and smells like it! The crabs certainly won't mind but it's best to give it a soak in hot water to get rid on any debris and reduce some of the odor.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Krabby_Mommie78

Post by Krabby_Mommie78 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:21 pm

discardedmenace wrote:So I got a plastic shower caddy thing to hang up in my crabitat. But I need something to help my crabs get up! I've been looking at cholla wood, but I feel like if I leaned it against the shower caddy, it'd fall. Could I get some sort of fishnet rope for them to climb?
. Can you take a picture of your shower caddy thing? I'm thinking of adding one as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk