Rubber

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Tazz9040

Rubber

Post by Tazz9040 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:46 am

I seen on one of these post about rubber in a tank I want to build a crab tank and I want to use rubber sheeting like they use to put on roofing n with the Sam's use silicone instead of glue my question is would that rubber be harmful to the crabs it's pretty thick ...

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rubber

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to. The only rubber I know of people using in tanks is corner guards at the top of the tank for people to zip tie stuff to. Is that what you are referring to? If so, that is safe. Make sure you use aquarium glue and let it cure for several days before putting crabs into the tank.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Tazz9040

Post by Tazz9040 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:47 pm

No it's rubber roofing material pure rubber for bottom of a project I want to do but want to make sure the material is safe ...

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Anything that is safe for aquariums and ponds would be safe for hermit crabs. Some rubber roofing materials seem to be, but others are treated with or will leech chemicals. If you aren't completely sure about the brand and product you have, I would not recommend it.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram