T-rex climbing background?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

T-rex climbing background?

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:39 pm

Hey everyone!!! :o I have some questions about the hermit crab climbing background, I've been wanting to purchase it but I'm not really sure about it yet. Can hermit crabs really get a good climb out of it and can they actually hold on to the minimal amount of gripping available? They are for sale at Petco for $4, is it worth it to buy one for my crabs? :crabbigsmile: I appreciate any comments back to me and any picture would be great as well. Thanks!!! :lol: :clap:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: T-rex climbing background?

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Yes crabs can climb it, and yes they can hold onto it.

The only thing I have heard negative about is the fact that the background doesn't stand up to high humidity, in particular the velco strips used to attach it to the back. That, and crabs love to tear it down - but at least they are having fun in the process.

Since its for $4, its pretty cheap, and I would say to go for it.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:24 pm

Ok thanks a ton!!! I will definatly try it out ASAP.

:sleepy::
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 am

I had that background and my crabs shredded it!! They made holes everywhere and hid in them. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

IceSpark

Post by IceSpark » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 am

My crabs love it, though they did shred it over time like mentioned above. I just bought another one then. I use the little 3M removable light hanging clips to keep it up. The Velcro didn't work for me.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:18 am

Ok thank you so much!!! I will have to try that out bc as humid and wet as my tank is they might not want to stick :hlol: