Almost done with planning

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Wlfwo

Almost done with planning

Post by Wlfwo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:54 pm

I have just about got everything and am ready to start putting things together, Not sure I have enough coconut mat, is the one at the garden shop safe to use, or no? I thought I'd silicone the egg crate in. Doable, since it's holey?
Going by the number of zip ties I used to make the hanging meter box I may need to get more, although I have about 300, LOL I got them a larger wheel and plan to hang that from the back, little heathens keep knocking it over.
I got the corner shaped shower caddy and am planning that for the shell shop (then maybe they'll quit burying them). I have about 20 shells in there and can only find 7 of them. :? Deeper round tubs for pools.
I am going to shoot for a 2nd level in each right side corner, front one will probably be net, if I can figure that out.
I can hear my 75g whispering from the barn.

purplepincher

Re: Almost done with planning

Post by purplepincher » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 am

cool
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,
and my favorite color is gold! (I like shiny things)

I am also a Die hard Lego fan!

PinchersAndShells

Re: Almost done with planning

Post by PinchersAndShells » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:18 am

Sorry nobody answered your question! If the coconut fiber mat has not been treated with any chemicals it should be fine. I always say "if in doubt, go without."
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/