Repti foggers

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author

Repti foggers

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:59 pm

I read the article on the right about humdity and it says that you can use repti foggers to raise humdty but the people at the lps says it doesn't really work. So does it work?

dbolack

Re: Repti foggers

Post by dbolack » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:36 pm

Durbkat wrote:I read the article on the right about humdity and it says that you can use repti foggers to raise humdty but the people at the lps says it doesn't really work. So does it work?
I can't say for sure about the commercial product, but our scratchbuilt units do a great deal to help, sometimes a bit too well. :)

Ryanstein

Post by Ryanstein » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:32 pm

I was at my local pet store today (Nature Pet Center), and I saw a volcano fogger, but I think that I would want to test it out before I actually bought one, and be sure that it fits into my tat. The fogger I saw was pretty big! :o

Ryan

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:04 pm

The volcanoe style foggers are generally made for tropical frogs, and those live in a vertical habitat, so tall isn't an issue there.

Ryanstein

fogger

Post by Ryanstein » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:09 am

I think that this one was made for reptiles, like the basking-in-the-sun ones (lizards, snakes, etc...). It did not say that it was for frogs, though, but I guess frogs would like it.

But don't foggers function on cold, not hot? And how do they create the humidity, and the mist?