Crabworx products

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author

Crabworx products

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:07 pm

Crabworx is a product I've started seeing in stores up here in the great white north since crabbing is apparently beginning to become more popular up here, and as such, Hagen released this line to cash in on the newest 'pet craze'.

At first the products seemed fairly decent, I was impressed they were selling humidity guages and all kinds of cool (if overpriced) hermie toys. I've been using the water dechlorinator they sell and so far have not been having any problems with it. I did notice, however, that the commercial food they sell does contain ethoxyquin, which is unfortunate. Also, when I walked into a pet store the other day, there was a Crabworx kritter keeper for sale. *sigh*. At least I've only seen Crabworx selling all-natural shells and haven't come across any painted ones yet.

To get to the point, does anyone else have any experience with the Crabworx products, and if so, what is your opinion on them?

Topic author

Crabworx products

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 pm

Hi
I am using a lot of the Crabworx products and I seemed to like them and so do my hermies. They love the swimming pool especially. I think the price is reasonable compared to T-Rex products. I give it a thumbs up!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:00 pm

I ordered all my supplies from Hagen through a family friend who owns a petstore. I ordered 3 Medium size crabworx shells, and only 1 out of the 3 wasn't damaged (the insides of the shells looked dangerous)! So so far my experience with Crabworx is not so cool.

NaRnAR
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by NaRnAR » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:04 pm

I just got their "Crabworks HOtel" hidey hut and the Swimming Pool and the hermies seem to like crawling all over them. One finally went into the hut. So far so good withthe hideys.
NasTang crabby since 9/02
HappyHermit Foods! at...TheHermitCrabPatch

Ryanstein

Post by Ryanstein » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:07 pm

Better late than never!

I used to use Crabworx food until I joined HCA. :x

I have only bought one shell, so far no one has used it. :|

The dechlorinator seems to work fine. :)

It isn't too expensive until you get to the hermie huts and food and water dishes (at my pet store around 20-25, I think). This is compared to the exo-terra dishes, around 8-10 for same size.

Rating: 7 :|
1 E, 1 PP, our dog Lekima, and our cat Ruby!

~Hermit Crabbing since December 2005~
~Fiddler Crabbing since August 2006~