Terrarium / Aquarium: Crabs, Fish and Anole(s), oh my!

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:26 am

He's cute... Lunamia put Anoles in with her hermits and it didn't work out... can't rember why...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:30 am

Probably because the hermit crabs LOVE meal worms (which is what I am feeding my anole) I had to get a deep dish, and make a nice sized pile of sand to put it on, so that the crabs cant get in it. I feel kinda bad for the anole, since he literally has to get inside the dish to eat :P

But at least the crabs cant get to them :D

JediMasterThrash
Jedi Tech Support
Jedi Tech Support

Post by JediMasterThrash » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:19 pm

Hmm. I love the idea of having multiple pets together like that. I hope it works out. I was curiuos if the anoles are OK in the high humidity? And I was also wondering what you do with the cover to allow air circulation but to still prevent the anoles from escaping out the top?

I remember reading somewhere that 5 gallons was the minimum amount of water that could be cycled.
JMT.

Stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking crab-herder since '92.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:53 pm

Yeah, Green "tree" anoles thrive in ~75% humidity, just like hermit crabs. As for the water cycling, that's just what they told me at PetCo.. They're still alive, so whatever :D

Ryanstein

Post by Ryanstein » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:11 pm

Amazing tank! Who would have thought...
1 E, 1 PP, our dog Lekima, and our cat Ruby!

~Hermit Crabbing since December 2005~
~Fiddler Crabbing since August 2006~

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:51 am

OK sorry just saying but when you have fish they need at least one gallon per fish...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:29 am

Yup. I measured it out a while ago, and I have 4.35 gallons of water in my tank. I lost one of the rasporas, but everyone else is doing awesome. I think it helps that they are schooling fish, since they're in a smaller area. :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:05 pm

thats one of the best tats ive seen so far from the ground lvl

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu May 24, 2007 7:45 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble, but The Green anole might eat the sand and die from compaction of his organs. Anoles have such small intestines, just a few grains of sand is all it would take to kill him

Topic author
Justin

Post by Justin » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:06 pm

This by far has to be the BEST crabitat i have ever seen! 0.o I was wondering if u can pm the cost of all the supplys as i might try this! =]]

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:05 am

wow. absolutly amazing. I really like the pool. its simply fantastic

Mamakins

Post by Mamakins » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:20 pm

Just wondering how it's going with the fish and the anole. My son loves animals and we'd love to be able to combine something. We're thinking about a set up like yours with a salt water pool and trying a couple of marine hermits. He'd love a lizard of some sort so I was just wondering about the anole. There was some concens reading back in this topic and I know some are against combining the hemits with anything.
Laura: AKA MOM! Crabby since May 07
Mom to Evan 19, Trevor 16, Justin 14, Warren 12
Hermit crabs, created geckos, box turtle and Uromastyx.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:47 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Well if you're planning to get some animals and newcomers in the tank, start off by fishes.... and adding the anole, I'm not sure.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:04 pm

is Quistgard still around?...his last post on this thread was in 2007 and i am curious about whether his fish and anole are still alive and thriving together with his crabs...

limeslide

Post by limeslide » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:08 pm

email him ceeeeeg
If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to
the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago.
If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into Chaos
"
-E.O. Wilson