Handy Little Cave!!!

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author

Handy Little Cave!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:21 pm

I found some great stuff at the Crabbagepatch store!!!

Small cave #CH035 - $2.00 pc. ; I purchased two of these a few months ago. I buried them except for the openings, so they do not take up much added space. Two of my babies found them right away. I noticed that some one had pushed shells into the openings and buried. Now I know both of them did molt. Shells must have been their private “DO NOT DISTURBâ€

Ryanstein

Post by Ryanstein » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:09 pm

I like your tank! :D Nice set-up. :) I don't have that much space for the big tree thing, but thois caves looked cool. :) How big is your tank?
1 E, 1 PP, our dog Lekima, and our cat Ruby!

~Hermit Crabbing since December 2005~
~Fiddler Crabbing since August 2006~

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:26 pm

hi Ryanstein, thank you.

The caves are in a 40B. I had just purchased the caves to play with them not knowing they would be so handy. Next crabbagepatch order I will be getting more caves for all of my tanks. I, like many other members have had problems with tunnels caving in when surface cleaning. The funny thing is the only molts I had in that tank after putting the caves in were inside those caves.

The tree is in a 20L, it only takes up a 6"x5" area by standing it up against the glass. You do need to add bushes and/ or vines for climbing. The large tree opening will accommodate a large crab if they are in something like a smooth Turbo. If you have smaller crabs you can use a smaller tree.

Have fun!!!

Ryanstein

Post by Ryanstein » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:20 pm

I've only got smallish crabs, so strength of structures here isn't a very big problem... WHOA! That Misty is at it again falling from the top of the tank. :shock: Just now. That's three times this week! :shock: She won't give up the fact that she won't get out of the tank, even if she climbs the corners of the tank. :roll: Anyway... My birthday is in July, and I think I'll give my crabbies some more little toys. :P I'll try that jungle vine!
1 E, 1 PP, our dog Lekima, and our cat Ruby!

~Hermit Crabbing since December 2005~
~Fiddler Crabbing since August 2006~