Eco Earth or Bed-A-Beast?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Better substrate

Poll ended at Sat May 30, 2009 11:14 am

Eco Earth
78%
Bed-A-Beast
22%

Total votes: 18

eregel

Post by eregel » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:17 am

I use both - basically, whatever's in the store when I need a brick. I don't see much difference.

Crab Addict

Re: no to bed a beast

Post by Crab Addict » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Kilimanjaro wrote: I'm not sure if that is a problem anymore. :wink: I recently purchased some Bed-A-Beast and emailed them about the product. They told me that it was 100% coconut fiber. :) I haven't had any trouble with it.
I use bed-a-beast and did e-mail them to find out is is now 100% coconut fiber. It used to be bad, but now its 100% crab approved. :D

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm glad you found that out, too, Crab Addict. :) I was beginning to think I was the only one who emailed them and found that out! :D

It does feel the same as Eco-Earth, smells the same, and everything. I did a side-by-side comparison. :) And while I found leaves and other debris in the Eco-Earth, I didn't find anything in the Bed-A-Beast, which almost leads me to believe that it's a higher-quality product. :)

Silver Buttons

Post by Silver Buttons » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:44 pm

I haven't found any leaves or rocks in the EE that I've bought. The crabs seem to like it. I bought it because I wasn't sure if the other brands were okay, but if they are, then I'll buy them if they go on sale. (I'm all about waiting for sales. :P )
My DeviantArt account
~*~*~*~~*~*~
My 2 PPs: Beatrix & Jasper. ^_^

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:51 pm

Every time in my whole life that I have ever bought bed-a-beast for an animal, IT HAS BUGS. Even if I bake it or freeze it, it never fails to turn out all buggy. Eco-earth is much better. I've never had a problem.
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Eco earth has worked for me and it helps with the humidity. 8)

2 PP's : Vladimir and Pavel
1 Cat : Elsie

Dog Lips

Post by Dog Lips » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:50 am

EE......the crabs love it, it helps with the humidity AND it's a good substrate for a jungle themed crabitat.
^^^^^^^^^^^^|II ___
| ______________ l '|""";..,l ____
|_…_…______===|= _|__|…, ] |=
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)