Shower Caddy Disquise?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Ashmash

Shower Caddy Disquise?

Post by Ashmash » Sun May 16, 2010 10:24 pm

What's the best way to make a shower caddy look less like a shower caddy suctioned to the inside of the tank?
9 PPs and 3 Es in a 55 gal!!!

SebbyCrab

Post by SebbyCrab » Mon May 17, 2010 12:07 am

you can weave greenery through the fronts of them.

example

PP's, E's, Straws, Violas

Post by Guest » Mon May 17, 2010 12:19 am

In the top left of the tank above the fake tree stump is a shower caddy disguised by plastic plants.

Topic author
Ashmash

Post by Ashmash » Sat May 29, 2010 11:06 am

Awesome! Thanks!
9 PPs and 3 Es in a 55 gal!!!

Silver Buttons

Post by Silver Buttons » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:58 pm

I glued pebbles, small seashells, and fake leaves all over the outside of mine, using aquarium-safe adhesive. It looks great, and they love it! It gives them something to grip so they can climb into it easily. I also did this with their glass, heart-shaped water dish, inside and out.
My DeviantArt account
~*~*~*~~*~*~
My 2 PPs: Beatrix & Jasper. ^_^

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Jeremy wrote:In the top left of the tank above the fake tree stump is a shower caddy disguised by plastic plants.

Is this your 'tat Jeremy? It looks awesome! :D

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:15 pm

Wow, Jeremy, beautiful 'tat... really. :D

I recently bought plastic ferns from Wal*Mart and weaved them through my shower caddies to give them a more natural look. You can still tell they're caddies, but it doesn't look as gawky. :lol:

Silver Buttons

Post by Silver Buttons » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Well, I took some pictures of my moss pit, so you can get some idea of what you can do to hide the plastic. I'm posting them from my Deviant Art account, so I hope they show up here.

That's the front view. Only the front is covered in rocks, shells, and leaves, while the two flat sides are left plain so it'll fit into the corner better. I have it supported by three large quartz rocks so they have a little cave underneath.

View from the top. All three of them are in there right now. The branch is one that I found outside and baked in the oven to kill anything that might be harmful on it. I haven't had problems with mold, probably because I keep everything so saturated with salt water.

Their heart-shaped water dish. Guess I got carried away decorating it!
:lol: It's covered, inside and out, with pebbles and seashells, with silk leaves on the outside. I need to make a bigger one, though, as they are growing bigger. It has a bubbler in it to make a hermie jacuzzi.
My DeviantArt account
~*~*~*~~*~*~
My 2 PPs: Beatrix & Jasper. ^_^

Kuvee

Post by Kuvee » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:42 pm

That really looks great. I have to use that idea. Thanks for sharing, Silver Buttons.
"If you treat an individual as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be."
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe