Review: Stick-on Branch

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
sugarselections

Review: Stick-on Branch

Post by sugarselections » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:04 pm

The full name of this product is the Critter Creations Critter Climbers Stick-On Terrarium Branch. It's a piece of resin faux wood with leaves that attaches to the wall of the tank via suction cups. It comes in a couple sizes and I bought the larger one from Petsmart for my crabitat over a month ago.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=3973414

The reason I decided to post a review is because my crabs really like the product and I can vouch for the fact that the suction cups can hold up to crabby wear and tear. This branch has been continuously stuck to my crabitat wall for a month and has never fallen or been ripped down.

Here's Aloha and Mr. Teeny enjoying the branch:

CrabbyMom33

Post by CrabbyMom33 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks for posting. I saw that at Petsmart and considered it. I may pick one up the next time I'm there.
Owner of 4 PPs

Kilimanjaro

Re: Review: Stick-on Branch

Post by Kilimanjaro » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:09 pm

sugarselections wrote:Critter Creations Critter Climbers Stick-On Terrarium Branch.
:shock: Wow, what a name! :hlol:

That seems like a really cool product! :D I might have to get one... :lol: Hehehe. :oops:

I think it would be perfect for the crabbers who want to have a background on their 'tat instead of just glass. :) Very interactive, too. :wink:

Lee56

Post by Lee56 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:33 pm

I've seen that at Petsmart and wondered about it. Thanks for posting about it!

Crab Addict

Post by Crab Addict » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:45 am

I've seen them, and thing they're very cool, they just seem over priced to me. :?

RChandler

Post by RChandler » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:49 am

I agree, I think it is $20 for that small branch.... in Canada at least, so it'll likely be $5 in the US. sigh.

Topic author
sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 am

I disagree about the price. It's all about value for me and a really nice resin piece with good suction cups will last a very long time in the crabitat. I'll get my money's worth out of it.

KrisDutt

Post by KrisDutt » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:11 pm

I really like it :) The price is high but if it really does hold up I would think its worth it. Sometimes its better to pay a higher price if its worth it quality wise.

I've never seen these and I'm really trying to decide if I want to go with this or the mushroom ledges now or maybe use both. hmm..such decisions, lol

Thanks for posting this!

aquav

Post by aquav » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks for the review.
This gives me something else to buy... :wink:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”. Mahatma Gandhi

Xyloart

Post by Xyloart » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Oh I almost forgot; I got both the big and small one of these and made a kind of wall tree. All the crabs love it; it's not uncommon to see them perched in it like birds.
Current critters: Cat, Corn Snake, Plated Lizard, two Bettas, 12 PPs, 10 Es, 6 Ruggies, 2 blueberries, 3 strawberries, 2 foster guinea pigs

Rosepetalbed

Post by Rosepetalbed » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:34 pm

I actually have a branch in my frog tank and they love it too ;)
125 Gallon tank with 54 crabs ...E's PP'S,Violas,Rugs, And Indo's

Topic author
sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:55 pm

Xyloart wrote:Oh I almost forgot; I got both the big and small one of these and made a kind of wall tree. All the crabs love it; it's not uncommon to see them perched in it like birds.
The "wall tree" is a neat idea. I'm amazed by how much they love to perch on this branch. At first I thought it would be another thing I'd buy for them that they'd just ignore but my crabs actually get a lot of use out of this stick-on branch.

iwhlvr

Post by iwhlvr » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:19 pm

What size is yours? It looks great. Do the crabs seem to pick at it? I have plastic plants that they gleefully snip apart, and I tried the bendable branches but they picked holes into the plastic/foamy stuff apart so I had to take it out . . .

Topic author
sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:55 pm

I believe it comes in two sizes and mine is the bigger one (about 14" long). The actual branch will definitely hold up to pinches. It's a hard resin type material that is textured to give a nice grip. So far the only damage done to my branch was that someone snipped off one of the silk leaves, but I expected that to happen.