Hidey/climber idea

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Bag.a

Hidey/climber idea

Post by Bag.a » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:54 pm

I had an idea for a combination hut/climber thing, but idk how to complete it...

The idea is to take one of those round plastic cartons that sour cream comes in, cut a semicircle out of the rim for a door, and cover it with coconut matting. That will make a dark hidey that can be climbed on.

The hard part is, how to attach the matting to the carton? I thought of using staples, on on the very top and three around the rim, but that might not be the safest idea, so I'm trying to come up with another one. Any input?

CrabbyMom33

Post by CrabbyMom33 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:25 pm

How about using zip ties? You could punch 2 sets of holes in both the container and the coconut mat and thread the zip tie through one set and back out the other and connect it on the outside. Do that a couple places and it might work.
Owner of 4 PPs

thysmittenkitten

Post by thysmittenkitten » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Double sided all weather tape, just make sure that the matting covers it all! I've used it to hang shower caddies, that stuff is tough! Oh, and make sure everything is how you want it before you press down... its not going to move once you've pushed everything together :) great idea!!
*~Maria Elena~*

i've been misunderstood for all of my life. *Neil Diamond*

sage dragon

Re: Hidey/climber idea

Post by sage dragon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 pm

silecone for aquariums?
i put my turtle's basking spot together with it.