my crabitat build photo journal!!

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Alliecrab12

Post by Alliecrab12 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:04 pm

I love all of the pictures you took if the crabs exploring. It looks very natural. And absolutely beautiful.
Felton, Turtle, Meany & Swirly!<3

GRMU99

Post by GRMU99 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:34 pm

I really love it and your crabs look very happy there too.
2 cats
Buddy and Belle

chloe92us

Post by chloe92us » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:07 pm

I've been lurking on this site for about a month now and now that I'm finally registered I had to tell you how much I loved this build. I read this thread start to finish and you have inspired me to do something in my tank (nothing NEAR as elaborate and fabulous as yours).

My question is: What is the RECIPE for the glue/ coco fiber? Can you tell me how much of each you used and how exactly you applied it?

Also, of all your fabulous plants that you had, was it the broms or the other tropicals you had that the crabs destroyed? I have a bromeliad garden, so I have an ever-ready supply of pups I can place in the tank. But, if you say they munch them to shreds, I think I'll leave them in the garden!

Anyway, I really loved this build- thanks so much for sharing. PS/ I think it looks great with the fake plants too! ;)

Mike120

Post by Mike120 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:16 pm

This thread is more than a year old and I still keep coming back to it. :lol: :)

Disgruntled Crab

Re:

Post by Disgruntled Crab » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Mike120 wrote:This thread is more than a year old and I still keep coming back to it. :lol: :)

I havent been on in a loooooong time and was happy to see that she got the tat finished. It looks awesome. Great job!
Formerly known as psi

Gilmerpile

Re: my crabitat build photo journal!!

Post by Gilmerpile » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Excellent job on your crabitat. I have just newly adopted 5 purple claws and am interested in developing a great crabitat for them to live in. I have admired the work you have put into yours and was wondering if you could share your receipe for the coco/peat mixture and how has it been holding up. Did you just use expanding foam and styrefom and then coat it all with the coco/peat. Thanks again for sharing your build it has inspired me tremendously.

Hermitcrablover12

Post by Hermitcrablover12 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Curious_kitty: Where do you get your exotics? I live about an hour away from Boston and I'm going there in August. Are there any places where they have exotics? Like straws, blues, indos, violas, etc? I'd love to know.

sean

Post by sean » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm

thats going to be great can't wait to see it finshed :crabbigsmile:

Alliecrab12

Post by Alliecrab12 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:58 pm

sean wrote:thats going to be great can't wait to see it finshed :crabbigsmile:
It is finished
Felton, Turtle, Meany & Swirly!<3

Hermitcrablover12

Post by Hermitcrablover12 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm doing this soon. I'll start a picture thing like this. I have been inspired. :lol: I have a 55 gallon tank so this should be awesome. :D