best Hygrometer???

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
sdevine

best Hygrometer???

Post by sdevine » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:08 am

Ok, it's time to replace some equipment in the 'tat. What are you using hygrometer wise that you love?

I've used the little "hermit crab" ones when starting up last year, moved on the the white ones from Wal mart but I need something I can trust a bit more.

Suggestions?? :crabblush:

Disgruntled Crab

Re: best Hygrometer???

Post by Disgruntled Crab » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:11 pm

I would like to know also, i have gotten the $30 Zilla electronic one and its off about 11%, the walmart ones are off also. I kind of gave up and one the math in my head since they cant be calibrated .
Formerly known as psi

CrabbyIrene

Post by CrabbyIrene » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 am

I recently purchased an analog hygrometer at petsmart that can be adjusted! (Yep, its the little things that make me happy, LOL) It made by All Living Things
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=2752691
On the back of it there are a few small holes, the hole in the middle is slightly larger and you can see a metal piece with a slot in it that would fit a screwdriver. You can use a small screwdriver to adjust the gauge :D
I think most hygrometers are not accurate when you buy them and the better ones are the ones that you can adjust without much difficulty.
7 PP's, 5 crazy E's!
Crabby since 2007

Topic author
sdevine

Post by sdevine » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 am

nice looking too

Hermitcrablover12

Post by Hermitcrablover12 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:53 pm

I LOVE my Acu-rite thermometer/hygrometer. Really acurrate and looks pretty nice. It's 10 dollars at Home Depot. The all living things one broke in a month when I had it. :\