What do you use?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
CCCSilva

What do you use?

Post by CCCSilva » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:06 am

I thought I had all the things I need for my hermit crabs in the tank..until I relized that I didnt have a temperature and humidity guage!! :oops:
So I went ahead and saw all reviews on all different types. zoomed, digital monitors...
I want to get something that will last long and somethign that works..(with a good price)

What do you use/what do you recommend?
Mint, Choco, Chip and Cookie says hello!

Lburns

Re: What do you use?

Post by Lburns » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:18 am

4 PPs. Crabbing since Sept. 2014. Batman - Found as a stray (holy crab!) (2 molts). Killer Croc (1 molt). Man-Bat (1 molt). Lex Luthor (1 molt).
RIP Robin (did not survive 1st molt).

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:25 am

I've used both analog and digital brands. Both will need calibrating to check their accuracy and in my experience, both can quit working after a time. AcuRite digital thermometer/hygrometer is a great price. Mine was reading 10% off and the display is a bit messed up, but it's still usable a year later. With analog ones I like the All Living Things brand best simply because they can actually be adjusted and seem to last a little longer than other analog ones that I've tried.

These are the ones I'm talking about.

Image (not my photo)

Topic author
CCCSilva

Post by CCCSilva » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks! :D
Mint, Choco, Chip and Cookie says hello!