New crabitat!

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
behnk99k

New crabitat!

Post by behnk99k » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:46 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Got 85% off at Michaels!! I believe it is complete! Only question is I put the shell shop on corner shelf, does it need sides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Re: New crabitat!

Post by Crabinski » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:01 pm

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous penthouse crabitat -- you did an amazing job (and 85% off always makes everything ever better :lol: ). The crabs will just love all that dense greenery and, as long as they're not all in green turbos, you'll still be able to spot them :wink: .

Re shell shop: no, no sides are needed -- even when shells are put into a basket or a hammock, the crabs still manage to throw them all out anyway. Just get used to picking up and rinsing shells daily...it's one of the perks of being a crab parent.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
behnk99k

Post by behnk99k » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Thank you if it wasn't for this site, I would be lost! Still have so much to learn. Hoping they will be climbing like crazy now. For some reason my two bigger guys pick the biggest, heaviest, bulkiest shells. I got some green turbos from Joann's today, none are big enough for the 2. Pretty sure those will have to wait, a while, my hubby will freak if I do anything more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:32 pm

behnk99k wrote: if it wasn't for this site, I would be lost! Still have so much to learn.
Amen! We all learn so much from one another (and our crazy crabs) here every day. I was crabbing for over 6 years before I found HCA and am amazed that my crabs managed to survive in spite of me all those years :lol: .
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:41 pm

Looks amazing! Great job! I love the flowers.

IceSpark

Post by IceSpark » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:15 am

Nice setup!

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:04 am

OMG; thats incredible! Why are so many people so talented in setting up amazing crabitats?
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

lmw142

Post by lmw142 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:33 am

That looks so great! I love the orange flowers.