Crabitat cameras?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Motörcrab

Re: Crabitat cameras?

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:33 pm

It's window blinds with the cam on top of the glass you will get some reflection. Unfortunately it's the only place we have room for Crabbyland.

At night the reflection goes away. You need to keep the glass clean. The cam will pick up anything like sand or condensation that builds up making it hard to see anything else.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:34 pm

Crabby in NJ wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:30 pm
How long have u had them now? (Only ask bc of the year fail of wyze)
Do u like it better in terms of quality?
Has heat and humidity been an issue?
In/out of the tanks?
Sorry to play 20 questions. Thankfully all this info will help people eventually in the future 🙃❤️
That's ok. I'm happy with the 360 only because of the swivel ability. Not a pan cam but it can be positioned better. Otherwise it works the same as the other one. If I were getting another wyze I would get the outdoor/indoor. I keep them inside my tank. I'll add a pic with tapatalk. The fail could have been a one time thing.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:44 pm

Here's a pic of how it's installed.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:44 pm
Here's a pic of how it's installed.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sorry it's sideways.

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:33 pm
It's window blinds with the cam on top of the glass you will get some reflection. Unfortunately it's the only place we have room for Crabbyland.

At night the reflection goes away. You need to keep the glass clean. The cam will pick up anything like sand or condensation that builds up making it hard to see anything else.
Awesome. Ty again motor. I am soo happy to have found this website. :crabbigsmile:
Crabbing with my son now! My my, how things have changed!

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:21 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:46 pm
Sorry it's sideways.
I actually like that idea as well. Bc my tank fogs up soooo much, I figured I’d wind up having to figure a way to have it inside for the time being at least. That seems to be a very good option. I’ll have to see if their are any camera cheap that work in and out. The acurite I bought yesterday is actually in and outdoor. I chose that one over the cheaper one I see everyone with bc of the humidity. I had bought an electronic off brand combo and within a few weeks the thing has the humidity fog inside of it. It still works, the night light and all works fine but who knows how accurate ya know? Ty for chiming in and a special crabby thank you for pics lol (wow that was corny lol)

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:24 pm

What is holding it in the corner? I was just looking to try and figure out if it was something specific for it or not? Ty again for ur help!

Moe2076

Post by Moe2076 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Pictures from my camera. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

18 PP: 2 teenie 3 small Gumbo; 1 small/med shell diva; 6 med: Evil Kenival 6 med/large
3 dogs: Maltipoo Tosh Pomeranian/Spitz Kaylee: Rotwieler/hound Bear
4 cats: Dottie calico Luna: DSH grey and white Moxie:kitten with spunk Ellis:Big lovey orange tabby

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Moe2076 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:41 pm
Pictures from my camera. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
I may not know better but the night vision quality looks pretty darn good on that wyze. I shall be making my purchase the day after Christmas. Ty for ur pics! Remember the days when these things weren’t possible?! Grateful I lived in both times! Thanks moe!

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:21 pm

I’ve had my wyze on the inside of my 29gal, mounted with the hardware kit that it came with, and haven’t had any problems with it. I have others on the outsides of other tanks, I have to wipe dust or condensation once in awhile to see in. I actually prefer the one on the inside of the tank’s view better than the others on the outside. I was trying to test to see the difference but when I reinstall I’m going to put them all on the inside of my tank I’m currently putting together. I don’t think the humidity affects the camera too much, I’d be more concerned if it was direct water contact. It’s also sat right next to my ultatherm with no overheating problems that I’ve seen.

Moe2076

Post by Moe2076 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:39 pm

It has good zoom too. My favorite thing to do is to watch for movement when I replay the feed then I zoom In and watch what each crab I see is doing.
18 PP: 2 teenie 3 small Gumbo; 1 small/med shell diva; 6 med: Evil Kenival 6 med/large
3 dogs: Maltipoo Tosh Pomeranian/Spitz Kaylee: Rotwieler/hound Bear
4 cats: Dottie calico Luna: DSH grey and white Moxie:kitten with spunk Ellis:Big lovey orange tabby

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:54 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:21 pm
I’ve had my wyze on the inside of my 29gal, mounted with the hardware kit that it came with, and haven’t had any problems with it. I have others on the outsides of other tanks, I have to wipe dust or condensation once in awhile to see in. I actually prefer the one on the inside of the tank’s view better than the others on the outside. I was trying to test to see the difference but when I reinstall I’m going to put them all on the inside of my tank I’m currently putting together. I don’t think the humidity affects the camera too much, I’d be more concerned if it was direct water contact. It’s also sat right next to my ultatherm with no overheating problems that I’ve seen.
Thanks for sharing with me! Pretty convenient they are right under the camera outside of view lol sneaky bunch :crabbigsmile:

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:13 am

Moe2076 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:39 pm
It has good zoom too. My favorite thing to do is to watch for movement when I replay the feed then I zoom In and watch what each crab I see is doing.
I do that too.

RiNiKy506

Crabitat cameras?

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:41 am

Crabby in NJ wrote:
Thanks for sharing with me! Pretty convenient they are right under the camera outside of view lol sneaky bunch :crabbigsmile:
Lol! Yes they sure are! Image I’ve always wanted to add another camera on the other side to see what’s going on, I will probably do that in my new tank I’m working on.

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:46 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:41 am
Lol! Yes they sure are! Image I’ve always wanted to add another camera on the other side to see what’s going on, I will probably do that in my new tank I’m working on.
I think that’s a great idea lol those sneaky crabs won’t have the upper hand then lolol :crabbigsmile: im looking to upgrade my tank situation after the new year and all that stuff so hopefully I’ll be doing the same. Cam on both sides of the tank so no sneaks can get past me! Lol it drives me nuts right now that I only have pet sand 😂