Freaking out!!! Need to spill!!!

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Freaking out!!! Need to spill!!!

Post by grandlinegirl » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:01 pm

I was supposed to get a 125 gallon tank from my uncle but that unfortunately didn't work out. I was so bummed. But! I am now the proud owner of a huge 150 gallon tank that's even taller than me!

I'm going to get a step ladder so I can actually get inside to tend to my crabs but holy crap! How awesome is that?

How many crabs could fit in this thing? It's massive! (This is before when it had fish)

YYWW

Re: Freaking out!!! Need to spill!!!

Post by YYWW » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:09 pm

LUCKYYYYYYYYY I am super jelly! I always joke to my husband that if he keeps complaining about my tank i will have to upgrade to a 150 to make him stop. Too bad he stopped complaining
SO excited for you! Congrads

Crabbers unite!!!

Topic author
grandlinegirl

Post by grandlinegirl » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:26 pm

YYWW wrote:LUCKYYYYYYYYY Image I am super jelly! I always joke to my husband that if he keeps complaining about my tank i will have to upgrade to a 150 to make him stop. Too bad he stopped complaining Image
SO excited for you! Congrads Image

Crabbers unite!!!
Thank you! I'm super excited! Getting the sand for this thing is going to be heck though lol. I'll probably need like 30+ bags

YYWW

Post by YYWW » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Omg thats the worst part of crabbing. Theres only 1 way to dump sand. BLAH! Maybe throw a pizza party and get an assembly line going

Crabbers unite!!!

courtbri

Post by courtbri » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:16 pm

WOW!!! Oh man. How fun is that going to be!!!

New mom to 2 PP's- Paul (1 molt) & Juan (1 molt) and 3E's- Harry, Sarge(currently molting) and Gary Also 1 Yorkie-Joey and 1 cat-Milo and 2 teenage daughters.
My clan consists of-4 PP's: Paul, Juan, Salt & Pepper. 3 E's: Harry Houdini, Sarge and RIP Gary-lost during a molt. A Yorkie-Joey, Orange Tabby-Milo
2 teenage daughters and a husband.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:32 am

*Grabby hand* I want! :lol:

I looking forward to the future setting up pics.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Cydonia1

Post by Cydonia1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:41 pm

And if you want a starting point on sand, to just cover the bottom of a tank you need to buy however many pounds of sand that your tank is. So to JUST cover the bottom of the 150, you're going to have to buy 3 50lb bags. Gonna recommend you use a pickup/SUV to move that, when we filled the 80gl with 12 inches of sand it messed up the alignment (?) in the back of my dad's Geo Tracker.