Second Level

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
hermiwormi

Second Level

Post by hermiwormi » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm

How would I go about adding a second level to my crabitat with something I can find here at home?(ex: large plastic container, plastic storage container tops, etc..)

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

piratetoothgir

Re: Second Level

Post by piratetoothgir » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:24 pm

hermiwormi wrote:How would I go about adding a second level to my crabitat with something I can find here at home?(ex: large plastic container, plastic storage container tops, etc..)

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
You can use shower caddies, plastic tubs, and many other types of containers! My favorite methods on hanging are using command hooks, and suction cups.

There’s also options for hammocks, hemp nets work well :)
Crabber Since 2016
7 Caribbeans & 2 Ecuadorians
I am the proud owner of my hermit crabs, aquarium fish, and isopod totes!

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sun May 27, 2018 12:52 am

i saw a guy who built a 2nd layer with Popsicle sticks and added vines all over it. he hung it in the center and put their food bowls on it. his crabs loved it! it's what i'm adding to mine
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

piratetoothgir

Post by piratetoothgir » Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 am

You may also want to try Magnaturals :) I actually built my own ledges myself and haven’t used them.
Crabber Since 2016
7 Caribbeans & 2 Ecuadorians
I am the proud owner of my hermit crabs, aquarium fish, and isopod totes!

MauiMama

Post by MauiMama » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:11 pm

I built 2 platforms out of popsicle sticks, bamboo, and twine, then a bridge of popsicle sticks connecting them to each other. Then I have netting leading up to the platforms. It was a fun project to make!

•°☆~♡~☆°• MauiMama•°☆~♡~☆°•