75g tank

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Wlfwo

75g tank

Post by Wlfwo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:20 pm

I've been watching terrarium builds (serpadesigns) and I am wondering if some of them can be adapted for the crabs. One of them was turning a 10g into a vivarium. I'd have to use glass where he uses Plexiglas because I already learned that plexi warps with the heat and humidity. I have a 75g out in the barn that I have absolutely no room to put in lengthwise, but standing it up on it's side.......I'd need to make a stand to set it in at least what, halfway up? Wouldn't want it toppling over. But a chest like stand with storage on either side would be doable. My major question is, would 18x21 be enough substrate? I could go really deep 18" or so. But the options for climbing would be fantastic. Thoughts? Right now they are in a 20g long.

Also I'd like to make jungle vines, I've found some natural polished hemp rope from R&W rope. I'm assuming silicone is usable for crabs?
I can hear my 75g whispering from the barn.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 75g tank

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:55 pm

It can work, but remember the decrease in floor space means that the tank should be stocked appropriately to reflex that. I wouldn't add any more crabs to a 75g, and would comfortably stock around 2-4 in there

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Wlfwo

Re: 75g tank

Post by Wlfwo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:35 am

Pretty sure that I've talked myself out of it for that reason. I've a 29g that has the same footprint, so I'll upgrade to that for now.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

I can hear my 75g whispering from the barn.