Is this a safe glue?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Oliviet#1

Is this a safe glue?

Post by Oliviet#1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi, I’m going to be a hermit crab owner soon, and I need a glue for some projects in the tank. I saw this glue on amazon and wanted to know what you guys think.
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Glue-15185 ... psc=1&th=1
Is that a safe glue? Do you guys know any other safe glues I can use to glue plastic to plastic, plastic to glass, wood to wood, wood to rope/twine, coconut to twine/rope, wood to plastic, or coconut to wood? I have thought of 100% silicone, but I don’t think it would work for projects other than glass tanks and caulking.
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is this a safe glue?

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Super glue mentioned should be fine - a few people in the comments have used it for fragging corals!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 am

Thank you
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:34 pm

I just wanted to mention that you do not want to use ANY glues in the tank while the hermits are in there. All projects need to be done outside of the tank and need to fully dry (cure) for usually a few days before putting into the tank. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Ok thanks. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have done that because of fumes, dripping, etc. but thanks for saying in case someone else or I didn’t know😊