Hermit Clean???????

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
hermie<3

Hermit Clean???????

Post by hermie<3 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:03 pm

anybody use this??? The sell it on TCP is it safe for hermies?

troppo

Post by troppo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:35 pm

Hi Hermie<3 :)

Do you know the name of the product at all? That will help a bit with members to be able to answer your question better.
Personally I don't use any commercial cleaners in my tank for cleaning, just a dab of white vinegar and dechlor water during the deep cleans, then I rinse it well and dry before setting up the tat again. For wiping down all those hermie footprints :lol: on the inside of the glass, I just use a clean dry cloth and that does the job well enough.
Am moving your thread to product reviews and DIY projects :)

Topic author
hermie<3

Post by hermie<3 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:40 pm

its called hermit clean lol :lol: http://www.thecrabbagepatch.com/AC100-p ... E-KITS.htm here it is

Willow

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:04 pm

I don't know if it's safe. I'm sure Tammy wouldn't knowingly sell something that's harmful to hermies, but you still need to research a product before using it in your crabitat. I don't see why that product would be necessary. My crabitat doesn't smell bad, and I don't use anything other than water to clean it, except during the once-a-year deep cleans. And somebody who used it said the smell wasn't very nice, and they preferred the natural sand/salt/coco fiber smell of their tank before they used the spray.

hulk

Post by hulk » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:19 pm

I recently saw that stuff in stores too! I didn't bother with it cause vinegar works just fine for me.
Paige

Topic author
hermie<3

Post by hermie<3 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:18 am

it isn't worth risking hermies...Ty anyway :D :D :D :D