bubbler pools??

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
hermie<3

bubbler pools??

Post by hermie<3 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:32 pm

i can get a really good deal on TCP for Water Bowl Bubbler Set here they are : http://www.thecrabbagepatch.com/AC150-p ... DISHES.htm
does anybody use these? Are they any good?[/url]

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:03 pm

moved by Thalia :)
p.s. that's a cute avatar ;)

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:50 am

I made my own although that set does look nice. I just went to the pet store to get the air pump (smallest one...was pretty cheap)...a few feet oh air hose...and the little blue things that go on the end (sandstones?)...put it all together. :)

JeffCrab

Post by JeffCrab » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:49 pm

Sandstones to BonnyNClyde= AirStones to JeffCrab :lol:
JeffCrab

Re: bubbler pools??

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:18 am

hermie<3 wrote:i can get a really good deal on TCP for Water Bowl Bubbler Set here they are : http://www.thecrabbagepatch.com/AC150-p ... DISHES.htm
does anybody use these? Are they any good?[/url]
I can tell you as soon as mine arrives. I ordered one from thecrabbagepatch and will check it out....looks solid though and not too badly priced(I have the rest and only purchased the bowl itself). Once I get it hummin', I'll let you know! :)

I had planned on building one, but the LPS is so high on supplies that it actually came out cheaper to add this bowl to my order and be done with it.

Tidytourniquet

Post by Tidytourniquet » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:31 am

I was thinking of getting that with my next order from them. I could make it myself, I already have all the things I need since I have fish but I need new water bowls and I like giving to them (the crabbage patch) because they are very nice. The only thing I'm not sure about is the size, it says it's 1-1/4" deep but that's the outside depth right? Does any one know how deep the water will actually be?
6 PP's, 1 chocolate lab, 1 ragdoll, 3 goldfish, 2 turtles, 2 fire bellied toads and lots of tropical fish

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:52 am

Got it today! It's very nicely done. Good resin that will be easy to clean and the hole for the air hose is drilled in at a top angle so there should not be any leakage. It's a good size (it's a corner pool) at about 5 1/2" on both sides. There are no steps or anything for them to get in or out. You will have to sink it into the substrate and put in some shells or stones in for the wee ones because this sucker is DEEP (almost 2") and even some large hermies will drown if left as is.

I like it. Just keep in mind how deep it is and make sure all your guys can get in and out without much fuss. Can't tell you the humidity help yet since it's not set up yet, but I can imagine that it would give a good healthy boost.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the tubing that comes with it is very short (pool only, not the package). It's only 31" long assembled which is way too short to drape over the tank. It's best to have the air pump away from the tank to reduce vibration, so you will need more tubing. No biggie. Has 2 tank/tubing suction cups which are always nice.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Oh those are so cool, i wish i could get one! :wink:

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:28 am

Quick update: It's been set up and works like a charm. My hermies love it and it really spikes the humidity in the tank. I only run it a few hours since it can get the hygrometer up there. :shock:

Very good buy for anyone looking for one already made. [smilie=thumbsup.gif]