Happy Hamster

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
hermitcrablover2
Location: Why do you want to know?... Ok fine SOMEWHERE in California.

Happy Hamster

Post by hermitcrablover2 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:58 pm

Does anyone know how to make a hamster very very happy? My hamster is really old, and her back legs don't work anymore :( ! She still runs on her wheel even with her bad legs though! I want to do something to make her happy despite her legs not working... so far I usually feed her strwaberries every few days and pet her. :)
2 PP's (Boba and Blue), 1 Dog (Coco)

"Eateth. Thy. WORDS." - Donatello, ROTTMNT

IamSam

Re: Happy Hamster

Post by IamSam » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:41 pm

Hamsters like most fruits and vegetables as I suspect you know. They also sell hamster snacks at most pet stores but many are pretty much just dried fruits. Mine liked running around in his hamster ball. But be careful, if they run into something hard the lid could pop off. It's happened to me a few times and I ended up securing the lid on with tape when he was in there. Also make sure her pouch is empty first or it'll be all over your floor.
Im not sure what kind of cage you have but with some you can change around or add tubes and spaces. They like new places and things to explore. Mine liked crawling around in my hoodie sleeves.

I hope this gives you some ideas so your old girl can be really happy. It's been a long time since my hamsters passed but I enjoyed my time with them.

Topic author
hermitcrablover2
Location: Why do you want to know?... Ok fine SOMEWHERE in California.

Re: Happy Hamster

Post by hermitcrablover2 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:52 pm

Thank you! I had been feeding her lots of fruits and veggies and the occasional dog biscuit, she still ran on her wheel even with bad legs :) Unfortunately, she passed last week :( :( :crabcry:
2 PP's (Boba and Blue), 1 Dog (Coco)

"Eateth. Thy. WORDS." - Donatello, ROTTMNT