55 gallon decor

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Kermie16

Re: 55 gallon decor

Post by Kermie16 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:03 am

Here is Clare! She just came up from her second molt 2 nights ago - found out she is missing her big puncher :/ But doesn't seem to keep her from getting around! We put her in the 55g tat last night and she was busy all night scaling the walls and really seems to enjoy staying up at the top of the tat. This is a pic of Clare hanging out in the FW pool I made! :D

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:06 am

Command strips for use in the bathroom are supposed to be designed to handle humidity.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

moofluffTheEpicFluff

Post by moofluffTheEpicFluff » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:35 pm

i really like your setup

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Thanks! It's always changing since some things I make tend to not work out:) Live and learn! Lol I like to share it because so many other members have shared their tank pics and they have all helped to inspire me to try some stuff out.

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:23 pm

soilentgringa wrote:Command strips for use in the bathroom are supposed to be designed to handle humidity.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk
Actually have some of those for other reasons but haven't had to use them in the tank yet. Keeping them as a back up though!

ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:06 pm

im diggin it! i think i just found my next moss pit! =D thank you

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:02 pm

ErikRasmussen wrote:im diggin it! i think i just found my next moss pit! =D thank you
Thanks Erik! It's been fun watching hermies explore down there and also watching the Marties (isopods) run around in the moss :) Looking forward to see what u create with the idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:20 pm

it looks so great!!! i put EE in the bottom of my glass tunnel but might trade it for moss since i have a ton of it on hand.

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:35 am

Just Jay wrote:it looks so great!!! i put EE in the bottom of my glass tunnel but might trade it for moss since i have a ton of it on hand.
Thanks Just Jay Image Honestly the hermies really loved the moss pit that I had high up in my 20g tank but they pooped so much in it and moss kept falling out. So, figured this would be a great alternative! The hermies still get their moss pit, I think it also holds the moisture better down there and the Marties get to go in and clean up! Plus, I really haven't had to clean up as much moss as I did when it was above sub:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Jay

Post by Just Jay » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:01 pm

i put my moss pit in when all my crab were down. Tina was recently up and went into it once but thats all i saw. im going to try to re-make my moss and then add it in the jar cave. they really liked the EE but moss will do so much for them and as you said probably retain more moisture under the sub. im just made ive spent the last month trying to figure out how to clean my SW pool and think about maybe a dish in a dish. its a long since found hack. what hasnt the hca figured out? lol :crabbigsmile: (i have a 20g long with a Kritter Keeper deep in the sub that i use for a large SW pool.)

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:21 pm

Just Jay wrote:i put my moss pit in when all my crab were down. Tina was recently up and went into it once but thats all i saw. im going to try to re-make my moss and then add it in the jar cave. they really liked the EE but moss will do so much for them and as you said probably retain more moisture under the sub. im just made ive spent the last month trying to figure out how to clean my SW pool and think about maybe a dish in a dish. its a long since found hack. what hasnt the hca figured out? lol :crabbigsmile: (i have a 20g long with a Kritter Keeper deep in the sub that i use for a large SW pool.)
Sounds like a plan!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk