Straw adoption!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
HermitCrabAddicted

Re: Straw adoption!

Post by HermitCrabAddicted » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Thank you! I can't wait for him to unbury so I can enjoy seeing him :)
Happy mother to 4 PPs and 2 Straws, 2 Ferrets, 1 Hedgehog, , 1 frog, and 1 ball python

Life is not complete without a "few" critters!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:18 pm

By no means am I judging here, but are you considering going from your 20g with 5 hermits back up to your 55 Gallon with the straw addition? Straws need a lot of substrate (like Es), and bc they are the larger of the species you are best to give them more room. They are said to be a more delicate species. I have 4 of them. I personally don't recommend overcrowding them. Mine also love to be in the saltwater pool :) Enjoy him/her! It's a beautiful crab! Make sure you have UVB too! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
HermitCrabAddicted

Post by HermitCrabAddicted » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:51 pm

I may buy another 20 gallon and split them between the two 20 gallons. Just wanted something more manageable for the moment. Don't want them to be overcrowded either:) I do have a saltwater pool and UVB lighting also :)
Happy mother to 4 PPs and 2 Straws, 2 Ferrets, 1 Hedgehog, , 1 frog, and 1 ball python

Life is not complete without a "few" critters!