Blue Hermits!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:12 am

Mokulele_Hawai'i wrote:Wow ... a georgeous blue C.violascens in a very neat Cymbolia vespertilio shell. Is it a male or female one ?
I haven't had the opportunity to check yet whether the viola is male or female. I just tend to refer to all crabs as males until I know for sure.

Topic author
CrabbyKev

Post by CrabbyKev » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 pm

I almost completely forgot about this thread!

Your crabs are amazing! I'm trying to get my crabs to look like that by feeding it a bunch of coconut :)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:34 pm

This is Bob, he came in this shell and we're waiting for him to change into a non-painted one that we bought! But he's blue :)

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 pm

i have an E that has like some blue but it sorta looks like an electric blue color

kgbenson

Post by kgbenson » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:23 am

A number of my compressus are gaining blue color. Some after molting, but some in the inter-molt phase.

I have been watching a number of animals changing color during the inter-molt phase. Fascinating.

Keith

wendyj

Post by wendyj » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:32 am

Well I just want to go up to each little crabby and go tickle tickle! Oh so cute. So tell me what species is a blueberry? Does anyone have the scientific name?

annopia

Post by annopia » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:06 am

blueberries are c. purpeurus

Amethyst:

Opalite:

Tanzanite:

and my new blue indo, Bast:

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie

TheCrabbyTabby

Post by TheCrabbyTabby » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 am

Blueberry - known scientifically as coenobita purpureus and is commonly found in Japan and surrounding islands/countries.
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die! Opt to Adopt!!
I know an awful lot about hamsters, betta fish and many other animals so don't hesitate to ask me if you have an animal related question!!!