Cleaning time

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
spidtat

Cleaning time

Post by spidtat » Mon May 31, 2010 5:23 pm

Cleaning time always seems to bring the best chances for pictures so I thought I would snap a few and share them with you all. Keep reading to the bottom and I got a special surprise for you :)

Now for the bonus :) As we were cleaning and adding some new substrate we came across one of my Straws that was freshly molted. He seems to be doing fine and is isolated but I had to get a picture to share with everybody

Unfortunately during this clean we did find 2 that had passed during their molt and one of them was one of my Ruggies so now I have to find him a species buddie again :)
1 Rugs 2 Indo's, 2 Viola's, 4 Straws, 11 PP's, and 10 E's= 1 Very happy owner

MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Mon May 31, 2010 6:09 pm

Cool group! 8)

Sorry about the deaths.

Good luck on the molted straw's recovery. Sending good vibes your way [smilie=luck.gif]

Rosepetalbed

Post by Rosepetalbed » Mon May 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Awwwww what beautiful crabbies :) Sorry to hear about the deaths :| Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well for the straw!!!! :D
125 Gallon tank with 54 crabs ...E's PP'S,Violas,Rugs, And Indo's

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Gorgeous pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the molting pic! hope she/he pulls through! so sorry about the losses!
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

Topic author
spidtat

Post by spidtat » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks for the compliments and good vibes, out of curiosity I checked on the molter tonight in his ISO tub and he was out walking around with little bits of exo around him :D He is still a little pale but at least I know I did not mess him up to bad by finding him :)
1 Rugs 2 Indo's, 2 Viola's, 4 Straws, 11 PP's, and 10 E's= 1 Very happy owner