Nostalgia - Baby Shoes (Updated 8/12/10)

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:51 pm

this is such a cute idea! I have a few of the shells, but most of them are painted shells ( which my 6 yr old son has a shelf for the "special" shells foe decoration) but I will get pics of the originals. thanks for the cute idea!!!! :D

MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Excellent job on raising these crabs, framptonbmx.

I give you - [smilie=thumbsup.gif] [smilie=thumbsup.gif] [smilie=thumbsup.gif] [smilie=thumbsup.gif] [smilie=thumbsup.gif]

:D

Topic author
framptonbmx

Post by framptonbmx » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:20 am

Thanks Mudcrabdude. It's amazing they've made it this far. I started out with them in a 10 gallon with shallow dry calcisand and all commercial food and couldn't figure out why they all stayed huddled together all the time and never moved. Thank God I was able to find internet info and forums like these. Once I got my substrate, temp, humidity, and diet handled, they became the most amazing pets as their activity skyrocketed. Once they started molting and regenerating limbs they had been missing when I first got them I was hooked. They are such fascinating creatures.
Crabbing since 2004,

7 PP's: Rufus, Cornelius, Belle & Sebastian, Socrates Johnson, Bob Genghis Khan, & Bill S. Preston Esquire
4 E's: Snoop Crabby Crab II, Eazy-E II, Ghost Face Killah, & Nicodemus
4 Violas: Musashi Miyamoto, Makoto Nagano, Akira, & Shredder

RChandler

Post by RChandler » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:21 am

Haha I had this idea as well, I still have the shells that they came in. Though I've only been at this for a few months, and well, they haven't grown at all. Though in some cases it would still look as if their original shell was much smaller, due to crummy petstore shell selection in the area. I have a med/large straw that came in a painted babylonia shell fit for a tiny/small. When he 'pulled in' there was about a 1cm gap between his head and the edge of the shell.