Play time pictures!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Sarah Ann

Play time pictures!

Post by Sarah Ann » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Still learning about taking pictures... :) This was playtime this morning while I cleaned.
6 PP: Big Bird, Kermit, Sophia, Rose, Strawberry and Mando
4 E's: Tiger, Spike, Hank, Fiona
Golden Retriever puppy: Sadie
Cat: Riley
3 Goldfish: Betty, Wilma, Fred
1 husband- Chuck

Topic author
Sarah Ann

a few more...

Post by Sarah Ann » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:33 pm

On this one, Kermit was chasing Sophia around the tank and across the shells... (Sophia is small brown one at right of picture), and followed her into moss pitt, which I checked on them and they both were "sleeping" but while playing earlier he was on her back and for the first time ever I heard a hermit crab chirp.

Is that normal?

1 husband- Chuck

MudCrabDude

Re: Play time pictures!

Post by MudCrabDude » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:23 am

Sarah Ann wrote:Image

Cool E's (Coenobita compressus - the two on the upper right corner) you have there with your Coenobita clypeatus/PP's. 8)

Oh, and yes, the chirping is normal. I would just be a teensy-, tiny-bit aware of any future roughhousing in which limbs start flying or crabs start streaking; otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much for now.

Ellinj0206

Post by Ellinj0206 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:44 am

Looks like a good time!
Check out El's Shells: http://www.elsshells.com for all of your hermit crab food and shell needs!All-natural, certified organic food and an outstanding selection of shells and crabitat necessities---all at great prices!!

Topic author
Sarah Ann

Post by Sarah Ann » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:08 am

That is totally awesome to me..I didn't even know I had two E's, I had suspected it on at least one of them but thought I was probably wrong! :D

I will be keeping an eye out. I have never noticed rough housing, mainly because only like 2 hermits are usually out at a time, but yesterday, we watched Kermit follow Sophia from the shells to the log to the moss pit.
I wonder why he would follow her? He is way to big for that tiny shell.

I am off to read up on species identification and to teach myself the differences!! I will try to get better with the pictures :)

Sarah
1 husband- Chuck