My new LHC exotics! And some PP shots, too. :D

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
wolfnipplechips

My new LHC exotics! And some PP shots, too. :D

Post by wolfnipplechips » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:40 pm

I really like the E's! They are crazy.

Antenna war!
Yummy egg!
"Hey Cheescake, gimme a boost!"
ImageMy blind crab
Cute little violas!
My favorite E, who I have named jasper. :)
Antenna war!
Floyd: "I hearby claim this...Mount Indo!"
Jasper found the HCP goodies.
The pink indo joined him :)
And then a mean ol' PP shoved him right out of the way! :(
More of the pink:
A viola soaking up some salt water.
An indo
This pink indo is such a bully! It was on top of the half log, dangling it's claws down and flipping back any crab who dared try and enter. The resident PP's were very upset.
Some E's!
This E has crazy eyes!
And one of the E's has a smiley face pattern made out of barnacles on his shell!

So far, there haven't been any major fights. Most of the violas have dug down, but the E's and the indos are chowing down on food and soaking in the water. The PP's are joining them. Godzilla even made a brief appearance and did not cause any trouble. He's such a gentle giant.
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Excellent gorgeous crabs you have!!!! They look amazing! :D One of your E's has a beautiful red coloring!!!
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

Tetracolor

Post by Tetracolor » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Oooh la la! Beautiful exotics, love the pink Indo! :D And your Violas are adorable as well. Wonderful.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:29 am

I love the crazy eyes E.

sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:35 am

Cute crabbies. I love the picture of Jasper peeking out from behind a leaf.

Topic author
wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks everybody!

I was afraid exotics would be overrated but I really like them. They are so pretty and have great personalities. :) (except the pink indo is a bully)

Update on crabtivity: The PP's have all moved up to the second level, segregating themselves from the newbs. The pink indo has decided he wants equal rights and is on top of the mushroom ledge peeking in the shower caddy, but the PP's won't let him in. Oddly enough, when the PP's try and get out, the indo won't let them! It's kind of this weird stand off.

The E's changed shells a few times, but in the end stuck to their originals. One viola changed shells.

Last night, Sticky #1 (small PP) and the pink indo were palling around together. Today, sticky has decided his loyalties are with the PP's.
Crabby since May 2009

suebee

Post by suebee » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:41 am

great photos and lovely crabs.. Im shocked the pink indo is a bully, both of my pink indos are shy and so very nice..I have to make sure no one is picking on them.
I buy from ELHC or HCP, I CANNOT RECEIVE PM MESSAGES SO EMAIL ME,anytime! suebeebuzz@me.com visit my Hermit Crab Dollar Store. Crabbing from aprox 1974- I own 12 Species,On Face Book-Susan Staff's Coenobita Research of New Jersey

Topic author
wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:51 pm

suebee wrote:great photos and lovely crabs.. Im shocked the pink indo is a bully, both of my pink indos are shy and so very nice..I have to make sure no one is picking on them.
He (or she...haven't confirmed) might just feel overwhelmed. He seems to not mind the E's or other indos at all. He is only beating up on the PP's. Maybe he just wants to be the dominant crab, but he was going out of his way to beat up the PP's. I am hoping the pink's attitude will change with some time and maybe a molt. He sure needs one! :)
Crabby since May 2009

sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:30 pm

My pink Indo is also a bully. She likes to kick the other crabs.

KrisDutt

Post by KrisDutt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:40 pm

sugarselections wrote:My pink Indo is also a bully. She likes to kick the other crabs.
What personalities these guys have. Mine our gentle giants. They like hanging out with my bigger PP's and the moss pit.

wolfnipplechips - Great Pics :D I love your E's
2 Blueberry's, 2 Pink Indos, 2 Straws, 2 E's, 1 Rug...plus 10 PP's

JeriC

Post by JeriC » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 pm

My noobs have been very well accepted. Even my small jumbo PP "Talon" went out of his way to meet they new guys. When I got up for work this morning my new little straw "annie" was hanging out with Scarlett (my md straw whom I've had for a year & a half) I was very happy to see them together :D I figured Scarlett was needing a species buddy & she seems to like her :)
The PI's are shy & the BB's are very hungry, all they do is eat :lol:

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:16 pm

They're so nice! :) Gorgeous crabs. :wink:

I love the smiley face barnacles! :glasses2: What a character! :hlol:

Also, the E with the messed up eyes must have been missing one before. :) Slowly, they will be the same size. :lol:

Beautiful crabs! :D

Ellinj0206

Post by Ellinj0206 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:47 am

I love your crabs!! Great pictures! What a beautiful variety of crabs. I love the smiley face barnacle shell!!

:-)
El
Check out El's Shells: http://www.elsshells.com for all of your hermit crab food and shell needs!All-natural, certified organic food and an outstanding selection of shells and crabitat necessities---all at great prices!!