NEW TAT!! :D!!!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
hulkums

Post by hulkums » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:54 pm

Finally after MONTHS of having my crabs live in sub par conditions, they have a great home! Videos right here! And pics! (Btw it's a 10g with 5 crabs. Two are both small almost medium, the other three are micro)

https://vimeo.com/115886538

ImageImage

My four hermies ~ Hulk, Biscotti, Sampson, and Double D <3

YYWW

Re: NEW TAT!! :D!!!

Post by YYWW » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 pm

CUTE! I love your shorter pieces of wood. They're so perfect for your tank. Your tank looks like a scaled down version of a huge tank. There's so much in it.
Fantastic!

Crabbers unite!!!

jarteta97

Post by jarteta97 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:02 am

Haha, I would agree with YYWW. The tank looks beautiful! Also, if you're like a lot of us, I bet you're already itching for another upgrade :wink:
When you've been crabbing for so long, you don't even know how many crabs you have now...

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:47 am

Looks nice!
jarteta97 wrote:Also, if you're like a lot of us, I bet you're already itching for another upgrade :wink:
For real! I just picked up a 55g and my mind was spinning with thoughts of a crabitat.....until I had to stop myself because 1) I really don't need 3 crabitats and 2) There's another critter in this house that could use an upgrade. But then instantly my minds like....hhmmm, that frees up the 29g terrarium..... :hlol:

My name is Susan and I have a problem. :crabblush: :lol:

Topic author
hulkums

Post by hulkums » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:27 am

YYWW wrote:CUTE! I love your shorter pieces of wood. They're so perfect for your tank. Your tank looks like a scaled down version of a huge tank. There's so much in it.
Fantastic! Image

Crabbers unite!!!
Oh thanks!! Ha ha I was so proud of my work, especially because it's only a 10g :D
jarteta97 wrote:Haha, I would agree with YYWW. The tank looks beautiful! Also, if you're like a lot of us, I bet you're already itching for another upgrade :wink:
Thank you! And oh gosh yes, I already have been talking about WHEN I upgrade to 20g XD I need to stop myself though and just enjoy this! Though secretly I am planning out the next upgrade :crabbieblush:

Topic author
hulkums

Post by hulkums » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:29 am

CallaLily wrote:Looks nice!
For real! I just picked up a 55g and my mind was spinning with thoughts of a crabitat.....until I had to stop myself because 1) I really don't need 3 crabitats and 2) There's another critter in this house that could use an upgrade. But then instantly my minds like....hhmmm, that frees up the 29g terrarium..... :hlol:

My name is Susan and I have a problem. :crabblush: :lol:
I wish I had room for a tank that big! I'm only 15 ha ha so I'm lucky my mom is letting me keep my tank in the living room! But I'm giving up room on my dresser most likely for when I upgrade to 20

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:35 am

Trust me, I'm running out of space. :lol: We all have different space and budget requirements. If you're planning to go for a 20 long, I suggest instead a 29g. Same footprint, more height! If a crabber can go bigger, great. If not, you can still have an awesome crabitat on a smaller scale - like yours! :D

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:11 pm

CallaLily wrote:Trust me, I'm running out of space. :lol: We all have different space and budget requirements. If you're planning to go for a 20 long, I suggest instead a 29g. Same footprint, more height! If a crabber can go bigger, great. If not, you can still have an awesome crabitat on a smaller scale - like yours! :D
Ditto! A 20L and a 29g are both 30" long and 12" wide but the 20L is only 12" high where the 29g is 18" high, so more room for climbing stuff. I snagged a 29g at Petco's current $1-a-gallon sale and am gradually customizing it for the guys in the 10g.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

jarteta97

Post by jarteta97 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:31 pm

I only have two different types of animals, but I keep alternating between upgrading one and then the other. It will eventually get to the point where my bedroom is converted into a giant tank divided in half, lol :lol:
When you've been crabbing for so long, you don't even know how many crabs you have now...

megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:58 pm

It's an addiction that can't be stopped. Since July I went from a 15 gallon to a 29 and now a 55, and I'm about to start saving up for a 90 gallon. I may have a slight problem ;) But that means right now I have an empty 15 and 29 and I'm trying to think what I can put in it. Every thing I've suggested to my husband has been immediately denied. He's just so unreasonable. :lol:

Your tank looks great, though! It looks like you utilized your space well.
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

singlemomwithcrab

Post by singlemomwithcrab » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:19 pm

All I can say is "YEAHHHHHHHH!" Congradulations and it looks great :D
"Do or Do Not. There is no try"
50 PPs, 1 E

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:26 pm

I went from a 29g to a 40g to a 150 gallon so I probably won't have to upgrade ever again :D
I have an abundance of 10 and 20 gallons from adoptions and I too have no idea what to put in them lol. I really want a snake....