My crabs were active today, and I just had to take pictures!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
magmaroofing

My crabs were active today, and I just had to take pictures!

Post by magmaroofing » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Spyro here is the first crab I have ever picked out, and he has the sweetest personality. This afternoon is the most active I have ever seen him and I wanted to take a few pictures.

His first ever dip in the saltwater! I was so excited because he has never dipped in before. It was so cute when he dipped his legs in then out of surprise pulled back. He must of decided he liked it because a few seconds later he plopped on in there.

My newest addition! I was in Petco picking up a few things and I walked by the hermit crab tank and saw so many poor big hermit crabs (along with 2 jumbos) shoved in there. I wanted to take all the poor things home, but he caught my eye because of his gorgeous red coloring. I figured if I couldn't save them all I should try my best to save him. So I took him home with me! Ever since then he's been happily tunneling, rearranging, and following all the others around (occasionally pushing some over when he sees something exciting).

Sorry for the quality. I couldn't get the picture to look any better than it does here.

MeganM

Re: My crabs were active today, and I just had to take pictu

Post by MeganM » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:35 pm

I just movedy two to their new 29 gallon tank and I wish they would be active):

New to crabbing as of 1/3/15. 2 PPs Hermie and Hermione!

crabmommy

Post by crabmommy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:41 am

Cute crabbabies! I like your saltwater pool with the pebbles. I'm curious about the white plastic basket that is upside-down on the sub. Is the basket supporting anything? Do you have one or two of the sides cut out? I just love seeing how folks make creative use of items in their tats. :-)

Topic author
magmaroofing

Post by magmaroofing » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Thank you! The basket at the time wasn't doing anything, but it did hold their food dish up there for a while. Now its a shell shop! When I got the crab next to it he decided that it wasn't supposed to be there, and pushed it up and around. I guess he knew it was supposed to be a shell shop because when I put the shells in he switched shells overnight.

crabmommy

Post by crabmommy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:21 am

Love it!! They sure are characters!