Oh, how a day can change....

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Kleinerhejhog

Oh, how a day can change....

Post by Kleinerhejhog » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Was having a bad day. Family politics really getting me down.

But then. I went to check on my little tank, and guess what. TWO OF TWO IS UP FROM HIS MOLT!! He's my very first molter, I was so afraid he wouldn't make it, because the substrate was too shallow. But he's so much littler than the others, he made it work.

I couldn't get the money shot to tell if he is really a he, or if she's a she. He didn't seem to mind handling, but did not like the phone trying to take a picture. I gave him a freshwater dunk, then set him near the saltwater pool, and he promptly took off for the underbrush.

A review of Crabvision showed me that he came up last night. I'm adding extra proteins and more calcium to the food offerings, and probably some honey as well. To heck with the family, I am right now one happy camper. And I may not sleep at all tonight, watching to see what he might do...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CallaLily

Re: Oh, how a day can change....

Post by CallaLily » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:32 am

Congrats on a successful molt! :molted::

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Isn't it amazing how such a small little bugger like a hermit crab can really make your day? There are days when just the sighting of one of the previously-molting guys can make my usually high level of pain drop significantly. My mice are sweet and my dog is wonderful but those little crabbies ... :love:: :hearts:
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
Kleinerhejhog

Post by Kleinerhejhog » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:53 am

Thanks. Not quite sure how such an uncuddly pet can be so darn lovable, but they sure are...

pearl29mi

Post by pearl29mi » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Successful molt, YaY! :crabbigsmile:
6 Caribbean Hermies~ Liberty|Spike|Freddie|Pinchers|Pip|