Tank destroyers

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
purpleperson

Tank destroyers

Post by purpleperson » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:06 am

Came home to these two sitting in the moss pit looking proud after completely disconnecting the moss pit from the net, it's "stand" and some suction cups.. I thought it was too funny and I couldn't resist sharing lol Image
It is usually right up against the glass in the back corner, so you can see how far they managed to move it!! ... And as I just typed this a third crab that was trying to climb the lid fell onto a plant, and is now sitting there looking a little confused... Ohhhh crazy crabs ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me n my hermikids

Re: Tank destroyers

Post by me n my hermikids » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:56 am

Sometimes i think there must be a keg of beer hidden in there somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CrabCakes

Post by CrabCakes » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:48 am

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!OLOLOLOLOLLOLLLOLLLOLOLOZLLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLO!OLOLOLLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

IBlab crab

Post by IBlab crab » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:57 am

Love the pic! I think it would be great to have a pic thread for trashed tanks,maybe before and after.They usually trash the tank right after you have done a cleaning.Just wait until they get bigger.Everyone likes to post pics of nice perfect tanks but that does not last long.It is funny when you look into the tank in the morning and go "What the ___" and they are just sitting there looking guilty.

Topic author
purpleperson

Post by purpleperson » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:02 am

Oh yes! I thread like that would be amazing. I'm one to always try to keep things neat, it's almost a constant battle between me and the crabs. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:27 am

There's usually a primary tank destroyer with the others just heaping onto the chaos. My tank stays
pretty neat when it's just Felix, Mr Pinch and Charles Paris out and about but, when Big Enzo wakes
up, destruction begins! It may be simply that he's the largest crab so things just get pushed out of
his way but, after watching him do the most basic things like climb into/out of the moss pit, I've
come to the conclusion that he's just plain clumsy and leaves an inadvertent trail of destruction in
his wake :lol: .
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:22 pm

Mine dig undertake acropolis in my tank. Since it is meant as a bubbler for a large aquarium the underneath is hollow. They get a nice area to just hang out on top of the sand but out of sight under there. They leave huge holes along the edges where they dig to get under it. I fill them in out of spite. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Mr. Crabs

Post by Mr. Crabs » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:31 pm

*clap* *clap* lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk